回複:new citizen applying cards for parents/I-601

來源: 863211 2013-01-09 16:28:33 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1901 bytes)
回答: new citizen applying cards for parents/I-601bbbqqq2013-01-09 12:44:12

I have some questions regarding filing greencard application for my parents. I phrase my questions in such a way so anybody knows the answer can respond briefly. Here is my situation:

1. I have just passed citizenship interview & oath (no passport yet).

-You need to provide the copy of the citizenship certificate or US passport to file I-130 for your parents.

Will that affect my elegibility, if I decide to do it now?

2. My dad is with me at US. Legal entry. Visa renewal pending. If approved, it should expire no later than ~04/2014. I want him to stay to avoid unnecessary travel. Given application timeline, he may end up with "illegal stay". Question: Do I follow normal application process,

-Yes. His illegal stay does not affect his I-485 filing and approval.

or use the newly-passed I-601 "601豁免條款"?

-Not need this because your father entered US legally.

Will I-601 help at all. AFAIK, it is for illegal entry.

3. My Mom is in china now. If I submit an application for both of them, how my mom's application be different from my dads.

-You need to file one I-130 for your mother to apply for the immigration visa in Guanzhou, China. Indicate she will apply for the visa in the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China in Part C.22 of I-130. Then, wait for USCIS and NVC to contact you and send you instrcutions. Then, just follow the NVC instructions to do what they request.

You also need to file another I-130 for your father and indicate that he will apply for the adjustment of status in US (file I-485) in Part C. 22 of I-130. Then, your father can file I-485 together with your I-130.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”