hope my experience can help you

回答: 婚姻綠卡被拒,老師們幫我看看啊!GgQb2012-11-15 08:57:48

I had very similar experience as you.

My hu*****and got injured so we did not show up in the interview on Sep 28th. I did call for rescheudling and the request was acknowledged too. On Oct 17th, we received the denial letters--stating that we did not reschedule and failed to appear in the interview.

So I started a series of calling including two personal visits to the local USCIS office. So this is what happened: 

1. In my first phone call to USCIS service line, they told me that USCIS sent me an email on Oct4th requesting for evidence of injury, which I did not receive. Due to this administrative error, USCIS reopenned my case. 

2. However, two days later, I recieved the letter stating that my case was still denied after the reopen. 

3. So I went over to the USCIS local office. At this point I know phone call would not help at all. 

4. During the meeting, I explained the whole situation. The local office indicated me to file a motion with $630. I argued this is unfair because it was not my fault. They said that's the only option I had. This meeting was last Fri. 

5. This Monday, my hu*****and wrote to his Congressman seeking for help because we truely believe we should not be responsible

6. Today, I went the USCIS office again preparing for submitting the motion with the fee. However, the officer told me my case was reopen and no motion was necessary. 

Things worked out better than we expected. I believe that the congressman helped. I thought mabye I can come here to see if anyone needs help. Here you are..:)

Anyway, some tips:

1. As 863211 mentioned to you they ARE very serious about recheduling. Lust requesting rescheduling in the phone likely was not sufficent. 

2. It seems to me that decisions of reschudeling and denials were made by local offices. So definitely make an infopass appointment and talking to person is much more effective and helpful. 

3. Keep in mind that USCIS local office do make mistakes. I think you have a very good standing in this case--they did confirm with you for reschudeling. This should be your fighting ground. 

4. Do not hesitate to seek help from your hu*****and's Congressman. They replied to us the second day. 

5. You can get an Appeal for Motion form from the local office. It was two pages and very easy to fill. 

Finally, do not worry. I am sure at least you can do a Motion and get your case reopen again especially given that the local office did call and confirm with you for rescheduling.  

Let me know if I can provide you more info. BEST LUCK!

所有跟帖: 

Congressman turly helps. Both senator and house can do the job. -H1b-NIW- 給 H1b-NIW 發送悄悄話 (51 bytes) () 11/17/2012 postreply 05:24:54

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!