回複:有幾個問題請教大家

回答: 有幾個問題請教大家tiredofjobhunting2012-11-07 12:26:18

I have some questions based on some assumptions. I know it is best if we have filed the H1-B transfer before I am laid off, but we need to be prepared for different scenarios.

I am being laid off at the end of this month. H1 B I-94 13年底到期。

Assumption 1: Laid offà Offer letter comes and there is a gap of 10 or 20 days between the laying off day and offer letter.

1. 10 20 天的空檔,我是不是一定要 回國激活,

-Practically this short cap normally does not affect your H1 transfer approval (you will get the H-1 I-94 with the H1 approval),  so you do not need to 回國激活.

H4 持有者是不是也同樣?

Assumption 2: Laid offà 我說服HR人讓他們晚一段時間報移民局 àOffer letter comes and there is no gap between the official report day and offer letterfiling of H1-B transfer.

-You need to provide your last 3 months paycheck stubs when you do the H1 transfer, so if you can not provide the last paycheck stub to cover the gap, your H1 transfer approval may have no I-94,, thus you need to 回國激活. That is why 10 to 20 days gap (<one month) does not matter because USCIS can not tell the gap.

1. 我是不是一定要回國激活,H4 持有者是不是也同樣?

-If you need to 回國激活,, your dpendent also need to get the H4 visa also.

這裏有兩問:

a. no gap between the official report day and offer letter

b. no gap between the official report day and filing of H1-B transfer

-THis two are irrelevant to the H-1 approval. The critical thing is your new employer need to file the H1 transfer before you lose your job (or at least file it within 30 days after you lose your job).

你們建議不建議我回國探親,好幾年沒見家人了!In fact, I have reserved tickets.

-If you want ot visit China, you need to have the new H1 transfer approval notice to get the H1 visa.

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:有幾個問題請教大家 -tiredofjobhunting- 給 tiredofjobhunting 發送悄悄話 (65 bytes) () 11/07/2012 postreply 21:56:45

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!