回複:回複:回複:863211老師,One mre question

來源: 863211 2012-07-23 14:49:27 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (10316 bytes)

By the way, as I said before, even if your child's I-485 is denied, she still can file a new I-485 based on your wife approved I-485 later.

Suppose we don't do anything now and just wait. If me and my wife's 485 approved and my daughter's I-485 denied? in this situatio, will my duaghter be out of status (since her H4 is dependent on my H1-B and my H1-B will dispear once my 485 get approved), If her H4 expired, how can we file her a new 485?

-Your child had better do something either file a new I-485 or request I-485 interfiling. If she does nothing and her pending I-485 is denied and H4 is invalid, then she still can use the 245(k) bebefits to file I-485 based on your wife's approved I-485:

(2)   Applicability .
The following classes of employment-based adjustment of status applicants under section 245(a) are eligible for relief under 245(k) :

(A)  An alien who is present in the United States pursuant to a lawful admission and whose adjustment of status application is based on an approved immigrant petition for them as the beneficiary in one of the following classifications:

·  EB-1 : aliens of extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and researchers, and certain multinational managers and executives;

·  EB-2 : aliens who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or aliens of exceptional ability;

· EB-3 : skilled workers, professionals, and other workers; or

· EB-4 : religious workers described in section 101(a)(27)(C) of the Act only.

Other employment-based immigrant classifications and other immigrant classifications are not a basis for consideration under section 245(k).

(B) An eligible derivative of an alien described in AFM Chapter 23.5(d)(2)(A) may benefit from section 245(k) in his or her own right if he or she has failed to maintain continuously a lawful status, worked without authorization, or

otherwise violated the terms and conditions of his or her admission for an aggregate of 180 days or less pursuant to a lawful admission.

See:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-8624/0-0-0-9232.html

http://shusterman.com/pdf/245kimmigrationmemo2008.pdf

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:回複:回複:thanks so much -nirvana_wander- 給 nirvana_wander 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/24/2012 postreply 09:51:08

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”