回複:8老師:非常感謝您的幫助,還有問題請教。

護照上顯示

entries: m  issue date :09aug2010  expirationday: 05aug 2011.我們理解這是在次期間我可以多次入境。

但我入境時的I-94上顯示的有效期是:05Aug2011

按照法律 我原有的I-797還有效嗎?

-No. The H4 approval notice (I-797) was void when you left US first time after the H4 approval notice was issued. Then, you got the new H4 I-94 at the port of entry when you reentered US and this new H4 I-94 duration determined how long you can stay in US.

Normally the duration of your new I-94 issued at the port of entry is determined based on your spouse H1 approval notice (H1 I-94 duration), not based on your H4 visa expiration date, and thus your H4 I-94 duration should be the same as your spouse H1 I-94 duration. So, obviously the CBP officer at the port of entry's made a mistake to issue your I-94 much shorter than your spouse's I-94 duration. Thus, I think you have a very good chance to get it fixed in the Deferred Inspection Office. Just tell the CBP offficer at the Deferred Inspection Office that you did not realize this mistake made by the officer at the port of entry, and just find it now. It was the CBP officer's fault, then ask the officer in the Deferred Inbspection office to fix it for you.

If the officer in the Deferred Inspection Officer does not fix it for you, you may try it again at the local port of entry. So, don't worry

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:8老師:非常感謝您的幫助,還有問題請教。 -28年華- 給 28年華 發送悄悄話 (17 bytes) () 06/23/2012 postreply 09:55:17

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!