8 teacher, question regarding B-2 Visa for adopted Child

來源: PEPTOE 2012-01-19 14:43:42 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2029 bytes)

8 teacher, I searched the web and found the following special clauses regarding B-2 Visa. It looks like my adoted child may be eligible for a B-2 visa. I didn't quite understand the item N11.4 though.

My questions is : Under these clauses for special circumstance, is the immigrant intent still the major factor that prevents from obtaining a B-2 visa?

Thanks so much for your help, you rock!

N11.--Aliens Classifiable B-2 Visitors Under Special Circumstances.

N11.3.--Spouse or Child of U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien. An alien spouse or child, including an adopted alien child, of a United States citizen or resident alien may be classified as a nonimmigrant B-2 visitor if the purpose of the travel is to accompany the spouse or parent for a temporary visit.

N11.4.--Derivative Status not Available to Certain Dependents of Nonimmigrants. Dependents of nonimmigrants who are not entitled to derivative status as in the case of an elderly parent of an E-1 alien or a spouse or child of a principal alien classified H already in possession of a valid B-2 visa for whom it may be inconvenient or impossible to apply for the proper H-4 may be issued B-2 visas. Such dependents, however, must be instructed to request consideration from INS for a 1 year stay upon arrival in the United States. Extensions of stay for the maximum allowable time may also be requested for the duration of the principal alien's nonimmigrant status in the United States.

所有跟帖: 

回複:8 teacher, question regarding B-2 Visa for adopted Child -863211- 給 863211 發送悄悄話 863211 的博客首頁 (2669 bytes) () 01/19/2012 postreply 17:06:19

請問現在美國收養小孩需要什麽文件來證明收養關係? -elephantsong- 給 elephantsong 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/19/2012 postreply 19:50:57

回複:請問現在美國收養小孩需要什麽文件來證明收養關係? -PEPTOE- 給 PEPTOE 發送悄悄話 (168 bytes) () 01/19/2012 postreply 22:03:33

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”