no, read below

來源: welldone2007 2010-03-05 08:34:46 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2999 bytes)
However, there is a “cross-chargeability” exception that allows the visa number for a principal applicant to be charged to the country of birth of the accompanying spouse if the visa number for the same category of the spouse’s country of birth is available or in shorter line. In addition, alien children may be charged to the foreign country of either parent when accompanying or following to join their parent(s). Please note, however, the children’s place of birth will not offer benefit to their parents with respect to the cross-chargeability rule.

For example, Dr. Chen is a Post-doc born in China and his wife was born in China too. Dr. Chen wants to file his I-140 petition under the EB-2 NIW category. Can Dr. Chen file his I-140 & I485 concurrently? Now, as of May 4, 2007, the “cut-off date” of May 2007 for EB-2 (NIW) immigration category for petitioners born in China is April 22, 2005. There is no current visa number for EB-2 China-born applicants. Therefore, Dr. Chen cannot concurrently file I-140 & I-485 petitions. He can only file his I-140 for the time being. If Dr. Chen filed his I-140 petition on April 1, 2005, he and his wife can file I-485 petitions now as visa numbers for them are available.

However, if Dr. Chen’s wife was born in Korea, he can use the visa number of Korea. As for the time being (May 4, 2007), visa numbers are available (cut-off date is “Current” in the visa bulletin) for EB-2 applicants born in Korea, Dr. Chen and his wife may file I-485s concurrently with Dr. Chen’s NIW I-140 petition since Dr. Chen’s visa number can be charged to Korea’s visa numbers.

In addition, if Dr. Chen and his wife were both born in China but their son was born in Korea, Mr. Chen cannot use the available visa numbers of Korea since the Children’s place of birth does not benefit their parents with respect to the cross-chargeability. Then, he and his wife cannot file I-485s concurrently with Dr. Chen’s NIW I-140 petition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Founded in 1996, Zhang & Associates, P.C. offers legal services to clients nationwide in all aspects of U.S immigration law. We have successfully handled thousands of immigration cases.

At Zhang & Associates, P.C., our attorneys and supporting professionals are committed to providing high-quality immigration and non-immigration visa services. We specialize in NIW, EB-1, PERM, and I-485 cases. In the past thirteen years, we have successfully helped thousands of clients get green cards. If you plan to apply for a green card, please send your CV to Attorney Jerry Zhang (info@hooyou.com) for a free evaluation.

Zhang & Associates, PC.

Houston ∙ New York ∙ Chicago ∙ Austin ∙ Los Angeles

Tel: 1-800-230-7040, 713-771-8433
Email: info@hooyou.com
(05/08/2007)

Refer this page to a friend

所有跟帖: 

回複:But I would rather believe in the govenment official words. -Indy111- 給 Indy111 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/05/2010 postreply 08:54:10

回複:回複:But I would rather believe in the govenment official words -863211- 給 863211 發送悄悄話 863211 的博客首頁 (343 bytes) () 03/05/2010 postreply 10:24:51

回複:回複:回複:But I would rather believe in the govenment official wo -indy111- 給 indy111 發送悄悄話 (13 bytes) () 03/05/2010 postreply 14:05:42

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”