回複:婚姻綠卡失效後的身份問題

來源: howdy 2009-10-20 10:38:03 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1201 bytes)
If your spouse does not intend to file I-751 petition jointly with you, you can seek a waiver for the joint filing requirement. Read the following document.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

As long as you can prove that you were married in good faith and the divorce is legitimate, USCIS has no reason to deny your petition. Your marriage produced a child, this is the most important evidence that ur marriage was true.

Be concerned about the state matrimonial law. Different state has different requirements. i.e. NY needs separation over one year for uncontested divorce and at least one year residence of either spouse. NJ only requires 6 months residence and no fault.

2. If at the time when you must file for I-751 (1 year 9 months ) and there is no final divorce judgment, you may seek extension with USCIS for time to provide final divorce judgment.

3. You must file I-751 to remove the condition even if your spouse does not support you. If you don't, you may lost your status.

Consult a matrimonial attorney and an immigration attorney first before you act.

P/N: not a regular vistor of the site, please do not respond.
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”