回複:如果要回國常住,綠卡和稅務的問題

來源: 剛剛返美 2009-09-22 21:02:43 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1705 bytes)
I am currently assigned by my company in China. To answer your questions.
1)tax. Most companies have tax equalization programs--this is approved by the U.S. government. The company will pay any tax difference out of your pocket to you so that you are not negatively impacted by a higher tax rate. Effectively you are still responsible only for the U.S. tax rate as if you were still living in the State. But tax equalization is a complicated calculation--his company needs to hire tax accountant on his behalf.
2) Many companies give foreign allowances to expats living in foreign countries. I think allowance can not be more than 25% of his pay in most cases (unless it is places like Iraq). He can ask his company about this.
3) For PR status (that I am), I need to return to the U.S. within every 180 days. Another option is to apply for Travel Document which usually allows the holder to be outside the U.S. for 2 years without returning to the U.S. But the travel document only allows you to keep your GC. The days you have accumulated in the U.S. towards the requirements for naturalization into a citizen will be lost. The third option is to apply for N-470. The requirement on N-470 is that you will need to be in the U.S. physically for a whole year between the time you got your GC to the time of your application without leaving the U.S. for a single day. I did not qualify for N-470 because I frequently travel outside the U.S. I applied for the travel document. However I am still returning to the U.S. quarterly.
4) Some companies have "relocation buyout" programs to purchase your house or to pay for all the cost associated with selling your house. But this is less commom.

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:如果要回國常住,綠卡和稅務的問題 -consultant90- 給 consultant90 發送悄悄話 (234 bytes) () 09/25/2009 postreply 19:20:14

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”