modified email based on icall's template

Based on icall's email template, I rewrite a email to make it shorter as following:

I planned to send it out now, please let me know if you have any suggestions:

Dear President/Senator/Congressman,

My family has worked in America for n years, we are applying for employment based immigrants, and based on current progress, we may need to wait another 10 years for Green Card. Like many other employment based immigrants, I am subject to per-country quota, which means that each country in each category can only take at most 7% of the total number of that category. I would not complain about diversity policy because this policy makes people, ever from small their countries, still have opportunities.

What about EB3? There are more people from more countries waiting in this category. They got NOTHING from 22,076 carry-over visa numbers from EB1. This is a diversity hole in that each EB category country theoretically has only 2,805 (7%) per-country cap before carry-over while one country acquired 11,561 carry-over visas.

But, did you notice that India born EB2 immigrants took the 21% of total EB2 numbers. The reason is that each category is allowed to use unused numbers that are carried from the up-level category WITHOUT LIMITATION. Totally 22,076 were carried over from EB1 to EB2 in FY 2008. India born EB2 immigrants used 11,561 ones out of 22,076 (Over 50%). This fact totally defeated diversity policy and is unacceptable by people from other countries.

I strongly solicit law makers to pay attention to this issue. It makes more sense to set a PROPER LIMITATION of using carry-over visa numbers from up-level category for each country of each category, such that carry-over visa numbers may be distributed over more countries. Diversity may be abided by.

Thanks for your consideration

所有跟帖: 

sorry,wrong copy/paste, should be like this: -zaqmju- 給 zaqmju 發送悄悄話 (1678 bytes) () 06/11/2009 postreply 08:05:07

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!