回複:帶肉類入關被海關查出並罰款會不會影響綠卡申請?

來源: 剛剛返美 2009-01-14 10:38:39 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1384 bytes)
It should not. But it is better to claim those things on the customs declaration form. Here is my experience to share with friends.

In early 07 before I got my GC, I came back to the U.S. with lots of food (my wife was preganent then). I was told that no food could enter the U.S. (which was wrong). Therefore I did not claim anything on the declaration. It was my back luck that I was inspected that day. Fortunately the officer found nothing that could not be brought into the U.S.. So he only looked at my passport and told me the following.

1) if you bring food, do claim on the form. You will get inspected. Usually the inspection is just as simple as to put it through the scan machine.
2) Some food is not allowed into the U.S.---if so, it will be confisticated and you are all right if you already claimed.
3) if you don't claim and are caught bringing unallowed food, you will be fined sometimes.

I had about another 8 trips between China and the U.S. since then and I brought food with me everytime.
When they see I declared it on the form, they usually let me go without any question. Two weeks ago, I was asked what kind of animal products I brought with me (I claimed that I had animal products). I answered it was dried and processed fish. He said it was all right and even did not ask me to go through the inspection.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”