對不起pjiang, 這恰恰是問題所在:

來源: nopanic 2009-01-12 15:06:43 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1097 bytes)
回答: 謝謝pjiang, 再小聲地問一下:nopanic2009-01-12 13:17:39
I was worrying it depends on sponsorship of the L1 visa. If my wife's company no longer exist from Feb 1st (it's acquired by another company), legally there is no more sponsorship and therefore I-94 will expire automatically.
- The sponsorship is succeeded by successor.

Maybe I didn't make it clear. According to her new company lawyer, if she can get L1 renew granted before Feb 1st (which is the date that acquision officially completed), they can transfer the sponsorship from her current company to the new company. However if her L1 renew is granted after Feb 1st, then her granted L1 visa is useless because the company will no longer exist (and the new company cannot take over the sponsorship from an invalid visa). In that case she might have to still stay in China for some more time and submit another visa application (sponsored by the new company). So my question is, from Feb 1st onwards till she get a new visa sponsored by the new company (no more the sponsorship of her current company), will my stay in US still be legal (given my I-94 expires in Oct)? Thanks!

所有跟帖: 

回複:對不起pjiang, 這恰恰是問題所在: -pjiang- 給 pjiang 發送悄悄話 pjiang 的博客首頁 (863 bytes) () 01/12/2009 postreply 16:32:23

Thank you so much, pjiang! -nopanic- 給 nopanic 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/12/2009 postreply 17:10:31

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”