A Journey to get GC

來源: Davidchen2007 2008-06-27 13:20:54 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4448 bytes)
I had not intention to apply GC after having come to US for 3 years because I had been keeping my previous job in China, a decent job with good income. Under the repeated requirements and persuasion from my wife who was much more used to the US life than me, I started to collect the supportive evidence in later use in GC application in late 2005. Because a bunch of materials and certificates were left in China, I had to call lots of friends for help. Meanwhile, I started to contact some professors to search for reference letters. I almost wrote all the draft letters following the sample formula I got from my friends and the immigration forum of Wenxuecity website. It was a little bit painful experience. Some of them took 3 months, some of 5 months to send back the reference letters. Based on all the reference letters and evidence, I wrote the cover letter and self-statement without hiring a lawyer.
I was told by friends that cover letter was crucial to get I140 case approved. I spent 1 month writing and revising it according to NIW basic requirements. After getting it done, I also had an American professor revised it to make sure that my writings were on the right target. He is a very nice guy so that he helped me correct the cover-letter word by word. After revision, he told me that my achievements and background were good enough to file NIW case. In early September, 2006, I sub-mitted I-140 NIW application enclosed all letters and evidence (7 reference letters; 5 first authored English paper, 14 first authored Chinese, 9 proceedings, 8 abstracts; nearly 30 citations; 2 news reports, 3 academic professional memberships, and lots of letters requesting reprints of my publication, and collaboration in research projects). After waiting for 14 months, I got REF in November of 2007 requiring me to provide evidence that my ability and achievements were significantly above other peers and 10 years-work experience in the field, and current salary. I managed other 3 reference letters (1 from federal institute, 2 from different universities) and re-wrote cover letters and collected 20 new citations. My boss wrote letter to show my work experience and salary. I replied REF in December of 2007, and got several soft LUDs, and then no news arrived. After sub-mitted REF for 60 days, I called USCIS to inquiry my case status. A very nice operator jotted down my case number, and told me to be patient to wait for other 60 days. If case was not decided, I had to call USCIS again. I also wrote a formal letter to USCIS to require service for my case. In the first week of February, my NIW 140 case was approved. In July, 2007, I filed I-485 based on pending 140 (NIW) case. At present, the I485 is still pending.

After talking to my boss and Chair in Department about priority data recession and visa number problem, with their support, I started to prepare for EB1b 140 case in March, 2007. I sought other 3 reference letters from different countries. These 3 professors were so nice that they wrote very good letters regarding my EB1b application. I also received 2 research grants as a PI. And many second-authored papers published. More than 10 journal articles were sent to me for requesting review from 3 different journals during the period of Feb-July of 2007. I also drafted cover letters and index for supporting evidence. With the correction of an advisor in international office, my cases (140 and 485) were signed by him and mailed out to NSC in August of 2007. The slow processing in NSC almost made me loose patience. After I talked to the advisor (international office) in first week of June, 2008 if I had to take PP program to accelerate the processing of my case, my Eb-1b 140 was approved next day. I thought my 485 would be handled within 6 months. But on June 25, I got three emails that our 485s (spouse, son and myself) were approved and card production ordered. That was a big bonus that I ever thought before that I can get. The summary is as followed:

1. 140 NIW (DIY), Sub-mitted in Sept, 2006; REF in Nov. 2007, answer REF (DIY), in Dec.2007; approved in Feb, 2008.
485 based NIW, sub-mitted in July, 2007, four LUDs, still pending.

2. EB1-b 140, sub-mitted in Aug. 2007, approved in early June, 2008 with 2 LUDs (after finger prints), no REF.
I485 based on Eb-1b, sub-mitted with 140 case, 2 LUDs (after finger prints), approved June 25, 2008. no REF.
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”