Recapture218,500綠卡名額修正案即將投票, 請立即行動!!!

來源: LIA_Publish 2008-05-18 09:16:53 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4310 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ LIA_Publish ] 在 2008-05-18 20:40:28 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
重量級的伊拉克補充撥款法案上周對各種與戰爭無關的修正案大開綠燈,一時間,各種修正案紛紛出台,都想搭上這趟快車。在微軟和LIA遊說勢力的推動下,參議員Murray的修正案:recapture 218,500綠卡名額(for EB ONLY)於5月15日成功地贏得了參議院撥款委員會(Appropriation Committee)全體支持。下周(不推遲的話)就要在參議院進行投票。它需要3/5票(60票)通過。

為此,在Lobbyist的指導下,LIA緊急呼籲全國會員立刻行動起來,給各州參議員辦會室打電話,請求支持該修正案。不僅要自己打,還要動員周圍盡量多的人幫你打。電話越多、越密集,效果就越好!

行動方案:

1.形式:打電話。當麵訪問已經來不及,發信和傳真的效果要差很多!

2.時間:周一上午開始,該修正案下周隨時可能投票。十萬火急!!

3.對象:你所在州的參議員在華盛頓DC的辦公室 ,請注意不要打Local Office,那樣會有一天的延遲。

4.電話號碼:所有參議員的DC辦公室都可打這個號碼: 202-224-3121, 然後報上參議員姓名即會轉到相應的參議員辦公室。

5.參議員姓名,在www.senate.gov 右上角可以找到。每州兩個參議員,都要打電話。

6.轉到參議員辦公室後,請要求和分管immigration 或 appropriations的legislative assistant通話。

7.通話原則:簡短而彬彬有禮。準備提供你的姓名,住址以供他們核實。

8. 通話內容

a. 打給你所在州的參議員(除Murray(WA)和Gregg(NH)外)用下麵的樣本:

"Hello, this is (your name). I live in your state, and I want to urge Senator (name) to support Senator Murray's amendment to the Iraq supplemental, to recapture visas for LEGAL immigration. This is my address (please be sure your address is in the Senator's state). Our state needs these skilled workers to help create more jobs for Americans. I am a member of the LEGAL Immigrant Association, and we hope for and appreciate the Senator's support. Please vote to keep the Murray/Gregg High Skilled Legal Immigration Amendment in the Iraq Supplemental on the Senate floor."

b. 請盡可能地動員你的公司或美國同事/朋友打電話給參議員。他們可以用下麵的樣本(除Murray(WA)和Gregg(NH)外):

"I am a (your state) resident, and I work as (job title, e.g. human resources director), so I KNOW that (your state) needs these skilled workers to help create more jobs for Americans. So I want to urge Senator (name) to support Senator Murray's amendment to the Iraq supplemental, to recapture visas for LEGAL immigrants. Please vote to keep the Murray/Gregg High Skilled Legal Immigration Amendment in the Iraq Supplemental on the Senate floor."

c. 打完本周的兩位參議員後,你還可以給外州的參議員打電話,特別是那些中國人少的州。請用下麵的樣本(不用打給Murray(WA)和Gregg(NH)):

"My name is (your name), and I am a member of a new national organization, the LEGAL Immigrant Association. We want to urge Senator (name) to support Senator Murray's amendment to the Iraq supplemental, to recapture visas for LEGAL immigration. We believe that (the Senator’s state) needs these skilled workers to help create more jobs for Americans. As a member of the LEGAL Immigrant Association, we hope for and appreciate the Senator's support. Please vote to keep the Murray/Gregg High Skilled Legal Immigration Amendment in the Iraq Supplemental on the Senate floor."

d. 如果是打給Senator Murray (WA)或Senator Gregg (NH),請用下麵的樣本:

"Hello, this is (your name). I am a member of the LEGAL Immigrant Association, and I want to thank the Senator for their amendment to the Iraq supplemental, to recapture visas for LEGAL immigration. As a resident of (WA or NH) I want you to know that we appreciate the Senator's support and we want you to know that LIA is working to keep the Murray/Gregg High Skilled Legal Immigration Amendment in the Iraq Supplemental on the Senate floor."

需要看到,即使參議院通過,該修正案還要跨越兩道障礙:眾議院裏西裔幫的潛在阻撓和總統的veto威脅。但是,這絕對不是我們不作為的借口!該修正案是今年走得最遠的合法移民法案。一旦通過,EB2/EB3的批準時間將顯著縮短。就算這次沒有通過,我們的行動也會為下次的衝擊奠定堅實的基礎。

遊說公司要求我們使用"電話海戰術",所以每個人都要行動起來,周一上午就拿起你的電話。此外,LIA隻在18個州有分部,最多隻能打給36位參議員。所以我們特別要求那些沒有LIA分部的州的中國人也能主動地拿起電話。

需要幫助,請隨時撥打LIA熱線電話:(800)-556-7065 政府關係部(ext.1)

行動起來,我們將改變曆史!LIA呼籲你的參與和支持!

所有跟帖: 

全力支持,明天一早就打電話, -美國兔子- 給 美國兔子 發送悄悄話 (65 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 10:04:05

支持! -簡單愛07- 給 簡單愛07 發送悄悄話 (38 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 10:28:52

請置頂! -frank6- 給 frank6 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 11:20:54

support! -balsam_pear_k- 給 balsam_pear_k 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 11:31:01

支持 -thinkinggg- 給 thinkinggg 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 22:36:25

Called two senators and provided zipcode 回複:Recapture218,500綠卡名額 -寒生- 給 寒生 發送悄悄話 寒生 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/19/2008 postreply 09:37:19

回複:Recapture218,500綠卡名額修正案即將投票, 請立即行動!!! -tigerm80- 給 tigerm80 發送悄悄話 (70 bytes) () 05/19/2008 postreply 12:45:22

回複:Recapture218,500綠卡名額修正案即將投票, 請立即行動!!! -PermitParkingOnly- 給 PermitParkingOnly 發送悄悄話 PermitParkingOnly 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/09/2008 postreply 09:38:41

我們州的老肯病的快死了,他會不會去投票呢? -曉碧洋子- 給 曉碧洋子 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/10/2008 postreply 07:30:25

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”