回複:回複:回複:急問: 關於NIW/EB1 petition 及 H1b extension

來源: just-do-it! 2008-02-22 15:35:33 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4028 bytes)
H-1B Extensions beyond the 6-Year Limitation

Under the current immigration law, an alien may remain in the United States with H-1B status for up to six years. For the purpose of this limitation rule, all time previously spent in H-4 and/or L status in the United States will be counted against the six-year limit.

There are only two situations in which an H-1B status holder can extend his/her visa status beyond the 6-year limit.

1) If the H-1B holder has filed either a Labor Certification application or an I-140 petition 365 days before the expiration of the six-year limitation, and the LC or I-140 process is still pending, the H-1B visa holder may extend his or her H-1B on an annual basis beyond the six-year limitation. There is no upper limit on total years in H-1B extension under such a circumstance as long as the immigration process is still ongoing.

For example, Mr. Park’s employer filed PERM for him one month before Mr. Park reaches the five year anniversary of his H-1B. The PERM has been delayed due to auditing. Next month, Mr. Park is going to reach the final year of the six-year limitation of his H-1B status. Mr. Park’s employer may file an extension for Mr. Park now so that he can remain in H-1B status beyond six years.

Assuming Mr. Park’s PERM is approved before the six year anniversary of his H-1B, and Mr. Park has filed an I-140 and I-485, and both case are pending, Mr. Park will be able to extend his H-1B based on his pending I-140 and I-485 cases.

2) If an H-1B visa holder has an approved I-140 petition AND the immigrant visa number is not available for him/her due to the visa number retrogression (not eligible to file I-485 due to visa number limits), the H-1B visa holder may extend his/her H-1B on a three-year interval beyond the 6-year limitation. There is no 365-day requirement for this circumstance.

For example, Mr. Wang is an engineer from China and he retains our firm for a PERM case when he only has about ten months left for his total six-year H-1B period. Our firm successfully receives PERM approval within six months and files the I-140 petition immediately. Due to the visa retrogression for Chinese nationals, Mr. Wang is unable to file his I-485 together with his I-140. Fortunately, his I-140 gets approved within three months, exactly one month before he reaches his six-year H-1B limitation. We proceed to file an H-1B extension request for Mr. Wang based on the approved I-140, and receive H-1B approval for three years.

For another example, Dr. Rajeev from India files his NIW I-140 petition through our firm about six months before he reaches his six-year H-1B limitation. His I-140 was approved in three months. Dr. Rajeev is not eligible to file I-485 due to immigration visa number retrogression for Indian nationals. Dr. Rajeev is eligible to extend his H-1B for three years based on his approved I-140.

H-1B Not Limited to the Permanent Residency Petitioner Employer

For H-1B extension under the above two circumstances, an H-1B visa holder may extend his/her H-1B with any sponsoring H-1B employer. The H-1B holder is not limited to extending his/her H-1B with employer sponsoring his/her immigration petition.

For example, Mr. Lee is the beneficiary of a PERM cases sponsored by Company A, filed 365 days before his 6-year H-1B limitation. His PERM is approved and his I-140 is still pending when he reaches the six-year H-1B limitation. With the consent from Company A of continuous sponsorship and Mr. Lee’s promise to return to Company A upon receipt of his Green Card, Mr. Lee wants to work for Company B for a while. Company B applies for an H-1B extension for Mr. Lee for a one year interval based on the PERM case filed by Company A 365 days before the six-year limitation. Mr. Lee is eligible to receive H-1B extension from Company B’s sponsorship under such a circumstance.
(from http://www.hooyou.com/h-1b/h1b_exten_6years.html)

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:回複:回複:急問: 關於NIW/EB1 petition 及 H1b extension -mascotwu- 給 mascotwu 發送悄悄話 (708 bytes) () 02/22/2008 postreply 15:58:22

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”