回複:拿到了綠卡,但需要暫時在中國發展,請問我需要在什麽時限入境

來源: 四隻耳 2004-07-06 12:33:02 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1718 bytes)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT TAKING LONG TRIPS OUTSIDE THE USA AFTER ACQUIRING PERMANENT RESIDENCE.

Q. Can I be gone on one trip as long as six months as a permanent resident without worrying about losing my green card?

A. Six months is the maximum length of any one trip. If you will be gone longer, apply for a reentry permit prior to departure. You need not wait for it to be received before departure, but you must apply for it while you are here. USCIS is taking as much as 8-10 months to issue reentry permits, but if you provided as a reason, "business trips," there is no reason to expect denial of the application. Make sure the address you request the reentry permit to be sent to will still be there at the end of the 8-10 months waiting period.

Q. How do I get a reentry permit?

A. Use Form I-131. The I-131 is also used for other applications so focus on the instructions for the reentry permit.

Q. Will a reentry permit protect my green card?

A. Yes, in fact the mere act of applying for a reentry permit will frequently serve as valid evidence that you intend to maintain your permanent residence inside the USA. It will protect your green card even if you are gone for up to 24 months.

Q. How else should I protect my green card?

A. When returning from lengthy trips abroad, return with a one-way or last half of round-trip ticket; don't come back with a ticket to depart right away. File annual federal resident tax returns even if you owe no taxes. Maintain an address here you can give to the USCIS officer when you come back. Young men should register for the Selective Service. Maintain at least one bank account here.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”