回複:回複:Welcome notice received

來源: thunderspring 2007-12-31 10:26:44 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2224 bytes)
回答: Welcome notice receivedthunderspring2007-12-31 09:07:40
Good luck!

Mrs. Laura Bush, the First Lady
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

RE: Expedite Name Check Request for Application to Adjust to Permanent Resident Status

Dear Mrs. Bush:

With the greatest respect, I want to ask for your assistance about my Application to Adjust to Permanent Resident (I-485) in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

I filed my 1-140 application on October 28, 2005 (priority date) to the Vermont center of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and I submitted my I-485 on October 14, 2005 after my I-140 application was approved.

On August 9, 2006, I found out through Congressman’s office that our application was pending FBI name check since November 1st, 2005 (see attachment A). I also called the Vermont Service Center of USCIS twice on November 19, 2005 and May 9, 2006 respectively and received two replies indicated that our case has been delayed due to the FBI name check (see attachment B).

On July 10, 2003, at the congressional testimony before the Committee on Government Reform, Acting Asst. Dir. Robert J. Garrity, Jr. said: “The FBI's goal (for name check) is to have all requests completed within 120 days.” However, our cases have been pending more than 600 days in the FBI’s office.

I applied for permanent resident status based on the category of employment-based EB-1, Alien of Extraordinary Ability. I am an Assistant Professor at University School of Medicine (see attachment C). The high level position that I am at University required me to apply for grants to fund my research. However, most grants such as those from National Institutes of Health (NIH) need the applicants to have at least permanent resident status to be eligible. The fact that the I-485 has not been processed as of yet, is adversely affecting my career as well as my daily life.

Mrs. Bush, please help me by urging the FBI to complete my name check as soon as possible, so that the USCIS can approve my case. Should you need more information about my application, please feel free to contact me.

Yours sincerely,
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”