h1b延期時候離境是允許的。但問題不簡單

如果extension還在pending的話,你在舊的 H1b失效前回來,能入境,但拿到的是隻有剩下幾個月有效期的I-94卡。回來後extension批下來的94卡上麵附的原先94號碼已經作廢(根據最後原則),你還得再出境去拿一個新的3年I-94有效期,憑1年內2次入境,在簽證有效期內可以免簽證。
最好的情況是晚出境,等extension批下來後再入境。這時候你可以讓別人寄給你新的h1b,憑其簽證,拿到3年有效的94號碼。

摘錄一段:

Traveling while an H-1B extension petition is pending does not abandon the extension petition. However, please alert the University International Center of any travel planned during this period. If the extension is approved while you are outside of the U.S., it will be necessary to send you the new approval notice overseas. The latest approval should always be used when entering the United States. Otherwise, the I-94 will be issued with the end date of the previous approval and it will be necessary to exit and reenter the U.S. to obtain an updated I-94. This is because USCIS considers the last I-94 issued to be the current, active one.

If your extension is pending, you still need a valid H-1B visa and a valid H-1B approval notice to reenter the U.S.

所有跟帖: 

回複:h1b延期時候離境是允許的。但問題不簡單 -needinghelp- 給 needinghelp 發送悄悄話 (44 bytes) () 11/25/2007 postreply 15:14:01

回複:h1b延期時候離境是允許的。但問題不簡單 -pjiang- 給 pjiang 發送悄悄話 pjiang 的博客首頁 (374 bytes) () 11/26/2007 postreply 06:25:19

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!