let me answer you question

來源: pharmacyelite 2007-11-02 13:30:55 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1245 bytes)
it's certainly better to start a new H1 with 6 years new period, though you can choose to use up the rest 2 years at your own preference. I am on your LG's situation and just extended another 3 yr. By this way, I have plenty of time preparing for GC application.

Go back to your question, unless he wants to go to industry and use the remaing 2 yrs... while new H1B caps for industry become very exhausted, re-instation a new H1b seems more advantageous.
Tax exemption for H1b holders applies for those who directly arrive in US with H1B, not for F1 students switching to the new H1B. If your LG never used H1B tax exempt, or a J1 tax exempt before, since this time he comes from China, he should be able to entertain some extra money from tax return for 3 yr.

他是在學校工作,因為第一個月的薪水已發,好像是沒有扣稅,是否是他們搞錯了。
No. The school has not done anything wrong. He needs to go to school tax office to fill in a tax treaty and exempt form in order to initialize his tax exempt. Otherwise every month his pay will be deducted certain amount of tax.

To get this extra deduction back from IRS, next year he will need to claim this money back by providing a 1042S form to IRS.
Hope this helps
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”