USCIS to Eliminate AOS Receipt Requirement for H and L Travelers

來源: screwed-up 2007-10-31 12:06:03 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1338 bytes)
USCIS to Eliminate AOS Receipt Requirement for H and L Travelers
10/31/2007

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will publish a rule in tomorrow's Federal Register eliminating the regulatory requirement that applicants for adjustment of status to permanent residence have an original I-485 receipt when returning to the United States to resume H-1, H-4, L-1 or L-2 status. The change in the regulation will be effective November 1, 2007.

The current rule allows H-1, H-4, L-1 and L-2 nonimmigrants who have pending applications for adjustment of status to travel without advance parole if upon returning to the United States the H or L nonimmigrant: (1) remains eligible for H or L status, (2) is coming to resume employment with the same employer, (3) is in possession of an H or L visa, and (4) is in possession of the original I-797 receipt notice for the adjustment of status application.

The new rule will remove the last requirement – that the H or L nonimmigrant be in possession of the original I-797 receipt notice for the adjustment of status application. USCIS eliminated this requirement in light of the receipt issuance delay that resulted from the unprecedented volume of employment-based applications for adjustment of status filed in July and August of this year.

所有跟帖: 

Good news. Thanks for sharing. -taotaomao- 給 taotaomao 發送悄悄話 (56 bytes) () 10/31/2007 postreply 13:33:50

實際上他們本來就一般不要, 我老婆剛從加開車回來, 和以前一樣, 好像沒申請485一樣 -dreambackhome- 給 dreambackhome 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2007 postreply 14:43:26

Where is the new from? -映山紅五號- 給 映山紅五號 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2007 postreply 16:35:40

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”