朋友婉拒前老板要求竟得罪了他, 大家想一想辦法

來源: dabaitu 2007-08-28 13:10:24 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2051 bytes)
朋友前老板最近剛才拿了點小grant, 居然想讓嚴朋友 在回他那作破四道 (年芯隻給3萬多, 比我朋友目前的實驗室拿的少40%)。 朋友找個借口婉據子。竟得罪了他,從此再不接我朋友電話, email也再不回。 朋友以後還須他推jian. 大家想一想辦法.
Below is the conversation:

Thank you. I realize that you cannot move, but I had to ask. I am interviewing a postdoc now at Caltech, who has to move because of money problems—even there! She will work on cell expts. But I still need another postdoc.

XXX and yyyy are very nice places.

-------------------------------------------------------
www www, Professor

Hi, wwww,
Thanks a lot!
I really appreciate your kindness consideration from the deep of my heart. You are one of the few best people I met in my life. The four-year postdoc in your lab had been the most fruitful and enjoyable lab life for me. As my wife has just enrolled a business graduate program in NYC metro area, we already paid 10k for the tuition fees. She needs to commute to NYC every day. So, I am afraid that we can not move that far this time. I think I will be staying around NYC area for a while. Please go ahead to recruit other postdoc candidates so that the project can be progressed without delaying.

I can put an Ads for you at an xxx postdoc mail list if you want. On the other hand, if you want to move your lab to xxx Institute, I will be more than happy to re-join…… as I explained to you before, people who are less famous than you can get around half million budget/year. In addition, xxxx, yyyyy area has the best public schools (Ranked top 10 in US) for your kids. SO you can imagine benefit of moving to xxx Institute……

Talk to you later!

Best regards

zzzz

I still have a three year slot on a funded CCC grant......if you want to move back, let me know.
-------------------------------------------------------
www www, Professor

所有跟帖: 

seems biomed is a slavery field, no recommendation from PI, almo -dabaitu- 給 dabaitu 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 13:13:23

看了你朋友虛偽的奉承話心裏很不舒服 -亞特蘭大化學博士鯉魚- 給 亞特蘭大化學博士鯉魚 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 13:39:20

心裏很不舒服 is good for you if you just think like this -dabaitu- 給 dabaitu 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 13:50:39

問個題外話:回複:朋友婉拒前老板要求竟得罪了他, 大家想一想辦法 -rstuvw- 給 rstuvw 發送悄悄話 (39 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 14:26:08

老美, may be jew, not sure -dabaitu- 給 dabaitu 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 14:30:14

回複:老美, may be jew, not sure -rstuvw- 給 rstuvw 發送悄悄話 (10 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 14:36:11

forget him/her, your friend can not get a positive recommendatio -panchangjiang- 給 panchangjiang 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 14:40:28

Accept the position or don't -james6- 給 james6 發送悄悄話 (378 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 17:47:46

Agree. -waitfor485- 給 waitfor485 發送悄悄話 (319 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 20:00:53

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”