Some I485 experience to share

來源: iamlazy 2007-08-27 20:42:20 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5367 bytes)
Just received email for I485 of all family members:
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 27, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

My application history: I-140 EB1a, EB1b, NIW DIY in Feb –Mar 04. All were approved in Dec 04 without REF.
I485 submitted on Jul04 and pending due to NC. 1st FP: Apr 05; 2nd FP Apr 06; 3rd FP Aug 10, 2007 without notice (see the trick for Infopass below).

Wrote many letters (see bellow) since Apr 07. First lady and one senator transferred my letter to FBI. I received one letter dated Jul 10, 07 from FBI in response to my letter transferred by first lady, mention my NC still pending, but will done ASAP.

On Jul 10, 2007 I received REF for TB test, because it’s checked “not done”. So make sure to ask doctor to check either Positive or Negative.

I moved to another city in another center but didn’t inform the CIS, because my wife and kids are still in old address. I went back to the old city on Aug 10 2007 and scheduled an Infopass. I think there are some tricks here for Infopass but I’m not sure how well it works:
1. Make appointment late in the morning or late in the afternoon. Usually not many people waiting in the hall that time (this is true for my old city which is middle sized);

2. Cheer-up yourself although it’s difficult when NC pending more then 3 years; then use talking skill to communicate with the official so that he/she may want to help you. In my case I briefly mentioned my I140 approval and my job as research scientist. This might give the official a good impression, also let her know my category is EB not family.

3. Then the official carefully checked my records and told me my NC was cleared on Jul 17, 2007. At this point I pretend I had no knowledge about FP and ask whether my FP is still valid. As expected, people doing boring and simple job always like to show their professional capacity. The official told me FP is valid only for 15 mo, so my FP expired. Now gave some appraisal for her professional knowledge and service, and encourage her to continue with some action. She immediately scheduled the FP for me, and I finish it in another room in 5 min! The official for FP was perhaps happy to have a new customer because the hall is empty now. The official also told me if I receive notice for FP in next few days I should ignore it. And to complete the screen of my FP will take only 2 days.

Such FP without notice saved me at least 3-4 weeks. And I don’t need to travel back. One more thing: I’m pretty sure I never submit tax return, and no REF for that.

Here is some contact info:
Glenn G. Powell
Special Operations
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Suite 4706
Washington, D.C. 20530-0001

Federal Bureau of investigation
Inspection Division
935 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20535

Mr. David Hardy,
Chief National Name Check,
Program Section, Records Management Division
Federal Bureau of Investigation,
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20535.

Timothy J. Keefer
Deputy office for programs and compliance
U.S. Department of home land security
Office of civil rights and civil liberties
Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop #0800
Washington, DC 20528

Constance L. Carter
Customer Assistance office
U.S CIS
U.S. Department of home land security
Washington, D.C. 20528

President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

First Lady Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Senator 1;
Senator 2;

Robert Mueller
FBI director
Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Jonathan "Jock" Scharfen
Deputy Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Washington, D.C. 20528

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D.C. 20528

EMILIO T. GONZALEZ
Jonathan "Jock" Scharfen

Deputy Director

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Washington, D.C. 20528

USCIS Omenbudsman (maybe helpful, because they do respond to my letter)

Most importantly—pray to God.

Thanks for xiaobaitu, and many other people to help or share info here. Good luck for those who are still in NC.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you for sharing! -lovepeople- 給 lovepeople 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/27/2007 postreply 21:14:43

Great communication with the officer. -NJTOO- 給 NJTOO 發送悄悄話 (142 bytes) () 08/27/2007 postreply 21:16:20

回複:Some I485 experience to share -rstuvw- 給 rstuvw 發送悄悄話 (83 bytes) () 08/27/2007 postreply 21:56:54

Thank you very much for sharing. -sagogo- 給 sagogo 發送悄悄話 sagogo 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/28/2007 postreply 06:25:32

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”