Depend on your choice.

來源: NJTOO 2007-08-23 13:13:36 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (932 bytes)
The suggestion for H1/H4 visa renewal in China is aimed to keep your H1/H4 status valid. In case some issues come up with your 485, you do not risk losing your legal status immediately.

But, using AP does not necessarily invalidate your H1/H4 status, as long as the H1 still works for the same employer. This is kind of "gray area" in the immigration law.

My suggestion is that you make your judgement depending on how many years still left for the H-1B and whether the H-1 has been working for the same employer for the past few years.

If the H-1 has not changed employer since the beginning of greencard application, then your chances of 485 being approved without any employment RFE are quite high. I would say go ahead and use your AP. Also, if the H-1 has only about one year left (out of 6 years), I do not see much value in renewing it in China either. If that is the case, again, go ahead with the AP.

所有跟帖: 

Follow up questions on AP -Ycart- 給 Ycart 發送悄悄話 (427 bytes) () 08/23/2007 postreply 13:31:24

回複:Follow up questions on AP -NJTOO- 給 NJTOO 發送悄悄話 (958 bytes) () 08/23/2007 postreply 18:18:16

Thank you very much! 回複:Depend on your choice. -BelieveGod- 給 BelieveGod 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/23/2007 postreply 13:46:06

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”