加拿大短登回美曆險記

來源: 完蛋 2007-08-08 12:58:10 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3270 bytes)
I landed as Canadian permanent resident last Friday in Niagara Falls through Rainbow bridge. The landing couldn’t be better as the entire process took less than 15 minutes. However, returning to U.S. was a hell.

I am H1, wife H4. My140 was approved one year ago, and 485 has been in Texas for 10 months without any LUDs other than FP done in January this year.

We came back yesterday through Peace Bridge in Buffalo. When slowing approaching the booth in the U.S. side, I submitted all the documents (me and my wife’s Chinese passports, son’s U.S. passports and our I-797 H1/H4 approval notice with valid I-94). He looked at them, and started to do some research in the computer, then asked: “Where did you go”. “We visited Toronto” “What’s the purpose of visit, for business or pleasure” “Pleasure, sir” “Your Canadian visa indicates the purpose otherwise. You have immigrated to Canada.” “That’s correct, but I just did the landing process, and return to U.S. to continue my job” “Have you applied for U.S. green card” “Yes, sir”. “Have you applied advance parole” “ Yes, sir” At this point he wrote something on a slip and directed me to a building nearby.

In the building, a woman officer took all my documents and started to key in something in the computer, then asked:” When did you apply for U.S. immigration visa” “I submitted my application in October 2006”. “When did you apply for Canadian green card?” “ In September, 2005”. “ So you changed mind and switched to U.S. green card” “ Well, actually I started the U.S. green card process much earlier. In 2003, my employer started to apply for Labor Certificate and was not approved until August 2006” “So you are applying for two country’s green cards in the same time?” “ Well, yes and no. The U.S. green card is taking such a long time that I don’t know when and whether it will be approved.” “ I have to make a note indicating that you are now permanently residing in Canada.” “ Will that affect my U.S. green card” “ You cannot be permanent resident in both countries”.

She started to work on the computer while I was anxiously waiting. Thinking hard, I said “ I have advance parole. Does it help if I use it now” “Show me please”. I handed in AP. A while later, she said “ You are now under parolee status” “ Does it help, I mean, to eliminate the conflicts between my Canadian and U.S. green card?’” Sir, you cannot have both. I have made a note. You must relinquish one of them” “ U.S. green card has a higher priority for us. We have lived here for 8 years. Our son was born here” “ You have become a Canadian resident” “ Can I give up my Canadian green card in order to get the U.S. green card approved – do I have to do it now?” “ We do not provide consulting”

At this point I lost my temper and yelled back “ This is not about consulting. This is about regulations. Can I see your supervisor ”.“Sir, you have been admitted as a parolee, I have already granted it to you. There is no need to request a review from higher level”.

Finally our family left the building. We don’t know whether this incident is going to affect our 485 approval. I am still in shock as of today.

所有跟帖: 

it really sucks that they treated you this way -pingponglover- 給 pingponglover 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:07:01

回複:加拿大短登回美曆險記 -naozi321- 給 naozi321 發送悄悄話 naozi321 的博客首頁 (559 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:07:55

多謝分享經曆!!!聽起來好嚇人, 我也整準備去一趟呢, 但是 -我非法我怕誰- 給 我非法我怕誰 發送悄悄話 (89 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:16:43

The Canadian immigration visa and stamping are all -完蛋- 給 完蛋 發送悄悄話 (67 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:19:46

你說的immigration visa 是不是移民局最後給你寄來的那張紙啊? 還有 -我非法我怕誰- 給 我非法我怕誰 發送悄悄話 (67 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:29:22

入境加拿大的時候,會蓋移民章。 -yummmmy2007- 給 yummmmy2007 發送悄悄話 (16 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:19:49

會蓋移民章???你是說一般的入境章吧. 你不說移民, 就說來加拿大玩的, 不行嗎? -我非法我怕誰- 給 我非法我怕誰 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:25:25

there is a huge immigration stamp in your passport -DO-PERM- 給 DO-PERM 發送悄悄話 DO-PERM 的博客首頁 (103 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:28:35

你的意思是說我們要把護照寄到加拿大移民局蓋章後, 才可以登陸??? -我非法我怕誰- 給 我非法我怕誰 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:31:19

yes,I believe so -DO-PERM- 給 DO-PERM 發送悄悄話 DO-PERM 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:33:56

No. 不過要不是去登陸,去加拿大幹嘛? -yummmmy2007- 給 yummmmy2007 發送悄悄話 (87 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 15:55:20

回複:多謝分享經曆!!!聽起來好嚇人, 我也整準備去一趟呢, 但是 -lwchen28- 給 lwchen28 發送悄悄話 (245 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:55:18

Xiaobaitu,is there a law states u cann't have both? -DO-PERM- 給 DO-PERM 發送悄悄話 DO-PERM 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/08/2007 postreply 13:22:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”