回複:what is a perm? what is a H1 visa?

來源: zhyi5935 2007-08-06 12:27:30 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1129 bytes)
First of all, don't mix immigrant applications with non-immigrant visa!
EB1, 2 and 3 are for immigrants. They are not employment visa. They are categories of applying for the green card. Also I-140 and I-485 are the immigration procedures.
H1b or J1 are non immigrant visa. They allow you to work in the US but don't mean you can get the green card naturally.
If you use J1, you are a visiting scholar. You don't need to pay tax while you are in the US but when you want to apply for the green card, you need to either go back to China to stay for 2 years or apply for a waiver to waive your 2 years service for China.
You surely can apply for perm. However, your school has to support your application. You can't do it alone. If you apply for perm, you need to prepare for many years waiting for the green card. But as a private school, I'm not sure if it want to do this for you. By the way, I guess they give you J1 instead of H1b because they need to spend more money on you if they use the latter. And it is impossible to get you a H1b now because there is no visa number availabe until next April.

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:what is a perm? what is a H1 visa? -needhelp1974- 給 needhelp1974 發送悄悄話 needhelp1974 的博客首頁 (57 bytes) () 08/06/2007 postreply 19:57:52

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”