485Pending期間登錄加拿大

來源: 還等待 2007-08-06 10:47:22 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2532 bytes)
咱140已批,485無影無蹤,加拿大移民簽證9月到期,於是決定前往登陸。
從Budget租了車(注意索取Non Canadian Resident Insurance Card, 浩浩淡淡驅車去Buffalo, 從 Peace Bridge (據說Rainbow Bridge 較擠), 奔往橋對岸,很快就見到加拿大的關口了。坐在booth裏的一個凶狠的加拿大年輕人見了咱:
“Are you from US?”
“Yes, sir”
“Where do you live in US?”
“ xxxx state”
All of sudden, I realized that I should not have said that. Anyway, I have “abandoned” my US address and am landing to be a Canadian PR. I added:
“We are landing today”.
“Where is your stuff”
“It will follow”
“Is this your own car”
“No, it is a rental car”
By this time he got so impatient and yelled at us, and directed us to a parking lot. As soon as I parked, another long-faced man questioned us for another 5 minutes before letting us get into the building.
Inside the building, there were 4 officers in the right side called Immigration, and 4 in the left side called Customs. Our family was the only client. I greeted an officer that looked nice. He checked our documents, did not raise any serious questions, and asked us to go to a room to take pictures (my original pictures had shadows in the background and was not accepted). They congratulated us and told us that the cards should be on the mail in 5 -7 weeks.

Spent one week in Ontario and returned to US, again via Peace Bridge. It was hot and humid day, and spent 2.5 hours to drive through a ¼ mile bridge. Again, 坐在booth裏的一個凶狠的美國年輕人見了咱:
“Do you live in US”
“Yes”
“Where”
“xxxx state”
“Where did you go?” (Thanks God he did not ask “Why you visited Canada”)
“Toronto”
“Have you bought anything from Canada”
“No”
He looked at my original F1 visa, my H1 approval notice and valid I-94, asking:
“So you came to US studying, and now working”
“Yes, sir”
Then he returned these documents to us. He didn’t stamp our I-94, didn’t issue a new I-94, didn’t scan our passport, and didn’t even search in the computer. During the whole process, he didn’t leave the booth, and I didn’t leave the car.
“Ok, you are all set”
“Thank you, sir”.

This is perhaps one of the perfect landing experiences。 對於坐在booth裏的凶狠的年輕人,咱雖反感,但一想人家的pay $也就一小時10刀左右,算了吧。

這移民壇裏,有很多人問問題,但除了小白兔等幾個熱心人,大多數人隻索取不奉獻。咱最討厭那種隻“take”不“ give“的人, 於是乎將這一登陸經驗詳細寫出來與諸君共勉。

所有跟帖: 

回複:485Pending期間登錄加拿大 -powerdog- 給 powerdog 發送悄悄話 (21 bytes) () 08/06/2007 postreply 10:51:28

haha..good one. Thanks! -sleepbear- 給 sleepbear 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/06/2007 postreply 10:55:09

Can I ask question? Why did you not use your AP? -bestwishesgoodluck- 給 bestwishesgoodluck 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/06/2007 postreply 11:01:56

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”