回複:Xiaobaitu,radiology and other experts, please help!

來源: radiology 2007-02-16 07:52:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1246 bytes)
No. 1: Was it legal for me to continue working as a J-1 postdoc at university after ting I-485 without EAD? I did GC by myself and didnot quite understand the rules. Did I need EAD to work? If yes, will 8-month work without EAD affect my I-485? And what should I do now?
--J1 is legal, but if you want got GC, you have to do J1 waiver before you get approved, otherwise your I-485 might refused. Once you did J1 waiver, you will be either pure AOS using EAD to work, or H1 or H1/AOS (dual status) using H1 to work. The 8M working does not affect your I-485 since you have J1.

No. 2: I am now working in the state governement. My employer wants to sponsor my H-1B visa. I am just wondering if it is useful for me to use H-1B. I have never applied for H-1B visa. I have already used EAD before H-1B and wondering if the application of H-1B visa would affect my I-485 or status.
--If I-485 was refused, using H1, you can keep your
status, if you used EAD, you have to leave this country or to do sue. So H1 is better than EAD.
Since you are AOS, if you get H1, you still need go out of USA to apply H1 visa to obtain H1 status, if your H1 approve notice without a I-94 form.
H1 or EAD do not affect your I-485 .

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:Xiaobaitu,radiology and other experts, please help! -newman2005- 給 newman2005 發送悄悄話 (29 bytes) () 02/16/2007 postreply 12:35:46

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”