I have a dream. (Revised version and cover letter to media)

來源: xszhu 2007-01-13 20:49:38 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3352 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ xszhu ] 在 2007-01-14 08:02:42 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
Dear media professionals:

Happy Martin Luther King's day!
Do you know that there are thousands of people worked in America like slaves? They are Hi-tech alien workers. They worked in USA legally with H1B visa, and waited desperately for their green cards for 5-10 years in the same job position and same company according to green card application process.
The Labor Certificate from Department of Labor is the first step in the procedure. Backlog Elimination Center is a division of it which is very famous for its slow and ineffective Labor Certificate processing.
According to the law, if H1B workers are unemployed for any reason, they and their family will have to leave USA and also say goodbye to their green card. It is not easy nowadays to hold the same job for 5-10 years.

Somebody wrote the following poem on Internet. Please let American people and politicians know their pain and desperation. After all, they made very important contributions to this country.

Thank you very much

I HAVE A DREAM

(Under the inspiration of the spirit of Martin Luther King, I wrote the poem.)

I have a dream.
I dreamed that after 8 years of hardworking and legal staying in this country I got my green card approved.
I dreamed that whenever a recruiter called me and asked my working status,
I could tell him that I don't need a visa sponsorship.
I dreamed that I should have known that I need 8+ years to get my green card, I should have known it 8 years ago,
when I was still young,
when I was able to move freely to another country without worrying about the family root nowadays.

I have a dream.
I dreamed I could work like other American workers, not like a slave.
I dreamed I could leave my employer when I had a better opportunity instead of working on the same position and salary for 8 years just for that green card.
I dreamed I could be promoted instead of worrying for 8 years that my employer can suspend or delay my green card application.
I dreamed that I don't have to worry everyday in 8 years that if I'm unemployed, I have to leave this country and kiss my green card application goodbye.

I have a dream.
I dreamed there is never such a cruel thing called Backlog Elimination Center.
I dreamed Ms. Elaine Chao as a daughter of an Immigrant family knew how hard it is to work and live legally in this country without a green card.
I dreamed some people working in DOL could appreciate other people's life because 8 years for a family is definitely an important portion of whole life.
I dreamed that 8 years of hard working can convince DOL that there is no other American worker can fit the job I am working on, hence they will issue me a labor certificate as the first step in my green card application.

I have a dream.
I dreamed that legal employment based immigrants don't have to stick to the same job position and same company for 8 years before they can get their green card.

I have a dream.
I dreamed that I could have the courage of Martin Luther King to speak out our issues and let everybody in this country know the issues.
I dreamed that the people of this country could feel our pain and respect our hard working and services for this country for so many years.

所有跟帖: 

Media的Email地址 1) -xszhu- 給 xszhu 發送悄悄話 (1957 bytes) () 01/13/2007 postreply 20:50:55

Media的Email地址 2) -xszhu- 給 xszhu 發送悄悄話 (7029 bytes) () 01/13/2007 postreply 20:51:57

Media的Email地址 3) -xszhu- 給 xszhu 發送悄悄話 (3941 bytes) () 01/13/2007 postreply 20:53:13

隻有每個人都給媒體發Email, 才能產生影響。我已經發過了。 -xszhu- 給 xszhu 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/13/2007 postreply 20:55:28

我已經發過了。So did I, :) -pinklady66- 給 pinklady66 發送悄悄話 (24 bytes) () 01/14/2007 postreply 07:30:27

是不是應該給議員們發啊,不是在討論移民改革案嗎 -1036- 給 1036 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/14/2007 postreply 21:27:31

回複:I have a dream. (Revised version and cover letter to media -Tuscany- 給 Tuscany 發送悄悄話 (41 bytes) () 01/14/2007 postreply 22:38:22

人窮誌短, 國惡 民刁 -pittsburgh- 給 pittsburgh 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/15/2007 postreply 10:53:07

有什麽用,當初沒人強迫你來美國吧 -溪茜- 給 溪茜 發送悄悄話 (230 bytes) () 01/17/2007 postreply 13:35:02

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”