回複:EB1b questions, help please!

來源: WorthIt 2006-11-27 13:09:33 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2051 bytes)
Hi, I am new here. I have some questions wrt EB1 I 140. I sent my EB1b I 140 petition earlier this month. (My situation is 3 years of past experience as post-doc, now tenture track assistant professor, 5 papers in top journals, 40 citations, 1 award, ad hoc reviewers, editorial board member, etc. My area is in social science.) I have several questions:
1. My major concern is that since EB1b I 140 takes fair long to process now, if while waiting for the result, I get my AP and EAD and use them, and later find out that my I140 has been denied, then I lose my H1B status, right?

***** Using EAD will invalidate your h1b status. But using AP seems not, based on the disussion in this forum. It is better to use your EAD after your 140 gets approved if you have to use it.

2. So for peace of mind, I probably will add premium processing sometime later. Money is not a problem since my department agrees to pay. The thing is I don't want to spend $1000 to buy RFE otherwise unlikely. What's my chance to get RFE according to my situation listed above? Is premium processing a bad idea in my situation?

****** $1000 just buy you sometime. But the result could be a RFE notice or approval one, depending on how well your case was prepared. Your background is strong enough. But it is hard to say how much chance you can get approved or RFE since we have no idea how well your petition letter was prepared. if you hire a lawyer, you should discuss this issue with your lawyer since s/he konws your case well.

3. My receipt has LIN number, does this mean that Lincoln center will handle my case or is it possible that later it could be transfer to other center? If I do premium processing now, does that mean Lincoln center will handle my case and not to forward it anywhere?
Thanks!!

******* Yes, most likely will be processed in LIN center. It could be tranferred to TSC later on if they change some policies, but who knows what will happen.

Just for your reference!!!

yjy_wang@yahoo.com

所有跟帖: 

Thank you, so ... -centerstage- 給 centerstage 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/27/2006 postreply 13:34:33

Thank you, so... -centerstage- 給 centerstage 發送悄悄話 (307 bytes) () 11/27/2006 postreply 13:36:52

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”