回複:EB-1a REF, please help, thanks

來源: fox 2006-11-16 09:14:54 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2531 bytes)
I assume you are in NSC, since I got a very similar RFE to yours from NSC.

Basically, INS does not buy all of your claims of qualification. It seems that only your publication record is accepted. ("Evidence relating to this criteria submmited" in RFE letter).

Suggestion:

1. recognized as extraordinary ability

Yes, more independent/international reference letters will help (I ted 10 originally, and 4 for RFE, from UK, France, China, and USA)

Moreover, citation of your work will work, print out review paper and highlight good words and organize them in your petition letter.

2. award
forget it, it should be international or NATIONAL major award, not by university. Do you have Guo Jia Ke Ji Jin Bu Jiang in China? It works, but need a supporting letter.

3. membership
I orginally ted an ELECTED (by the chair of membership) and NOMINATED (by an associated professor) membership, still got a RFE like yours. I did not reply for this in my RFE, since from the webpage I can not answer these: how many people applied last year, how many got approved finnally?

I believe even ELECTED members in this association are not in top 5% in the field, maybe 20% or so. This does not help me a lot.

4. journal review
I have reviewed 3-paper for two journals, using email communication as evidence initially, still got a RFE like yours.
In my reply of RFE, I ted two offical letters from Associated Editors of the Journals, saying I was recommended by some big cow, my publication and citation history are both excellent, etc ...
Moreover, they will send me more manus recently for reviewing.

I do not want to offend you, but if you are in NSC, your case is not strong enough in their eyes at all. Be carefully to prepare very solid reference letters. It is nornal to get a RFE in NSC. In my case, they agreed that I have ted: 1. paper, 2. media report, 3. high salary, but still question the following: 1. awards, 2. membership, 3. journal review, 4. achiements.
I ted four independent and international reference letters to explain 1, 3, and 4. I got my EB1A approved 5 months after RFE ted, totally 7 months after 140 filed.

My understanding is that three criteria is the minimal qualification for EB1A, but you'd better to prepare 4 to 5 to shut them up.

However, if you are in TSC, you will be fine, some people even not stronger than you still got EB1A approved without RFE.

Anyway, you still have chance, good luck.

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:EB-1a REF, please help, thanks -rainofsf- 給 rainofsf 發送悄悄話 (57 bytes) () 11/16/2006 postreply 09:25:47

EB-1a REF, please help, thanks -fox- 給 fox 發送悄悄話 (262 bytes) () 11/16/2006 postreply 09:36:12

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”