回複:my opinion

來源: peacewang 2006-11-16 07:35:28 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2756 bytes)
EB1a is very difficult. But you are lucky, becasue you got RFE. Now you can do more to get approval.

25 research papers (most of them are published in English and are the first-authored)
>100 citations (including one text book)
20 conference presentation
3 memberships
5 invited talks
as a reviewer for a journal for one time
7 reference letters

REF:
1…….you must additional evidence that clearly demonstrates that you have sustained national or international acclaim and that your achements have recognized as extraordinary by others in the field.

----I will ask more reference letters from different countries and put sentences like “who has raisen to the very top of the field….”

This criteria is very important for you to do: From your citation, textbook, invited talk, presentation to specify. better than only use reference letter. EB1a need SOLID EVIDENCE.

2.please documentation odf any awards that you have won

---I don/t know how to answer since I don/t have
but I will try the following, a) research grant b)position, my position is equal to research assistant prof. C) research award offered by university. Suggestion please

If you don't have national/international award, just leave it away. otherwise, you make immigrante officer confused. (only my opinion)

3. documentation to show the membership is limited to scientists of extraordinary ability

---I don/t know how to deal with it.
I will try to copy some guideline for membership application from homepage of the society. Does this make sense? Help please

Yes, check more about how to select the membership and its requirement.

4. You have worked as a reviewer but it does not appear to be at a level that is in any way out of the ordinary for one n your position. It must be shown that this participation is well beyond the ordinary relative to others in the field.

You can specify the journal is so prestigious, then the criteria for reviewer is certainly strict, which requries extraordinary ability. But, it's better to find something from its website about journal evaluation and reviewer selection.

--- I don/t know how to deal with it since it is the fact that I have been a reviewer for only one time. ANY suggestion?

The above are only my opinion from my preparation my Eb1a. But mine is still pending.

I am still sticking on my job hunting. Otherwise, I may discuss with you more.

Keep in mind. Your case is not very strong, but it's a good sign that you get RFE. Don't worry about any thing. try your best to complete the question, you will get approval, I am sure.

Good luck.

所有跟帖: 

my opinion -fox- 給 fox 發送悄悄話 (58 bytes) () 11/16/2006 postreply 09:50:38

Hehe! I hope your opinion and mine are correct. -peacewang- 給 peacewang 發送悄悄話 (107 bytes) () 11/16/2006 postreply 09:58:10

回複:Hehe! I hope your opinion and mine are correct. -fox- 給 fox 發送悄悄話 (80 bytes) () 11/17/2006 postreply 13:11:26

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”