美國律師已經和我談過,做後交給法庭using 1447b do WOM

WOM is a Writ Of Mandamus, it mandates the USCIS to do its job in a timely manner, 1447(b) is a petition for a hearing, once you file it, the USCIS loses its jurisdiction over your your application.
Most lawyers do WOM, I don't know why, but, it is recommended that the 1447(b) is better, because the USCIS cannot then deny your application to avoid your lawsuit.
I was told by one of the lawyers I talked to that there are 134000 stalled application, all of them waiting the name check, some of them are over 6 years old, the inly way to mobilize those stalled cases is by suing.
On teh other hand, you should understand that this is not guaranteed, some of those cases have been dismissed by the court, and remanded back to the USCIS, it really depends on how liberal your district is, if you are in San Francisco area, you are in luck, if you are in Texas, you have very little chance.
Last but not least, if you have a muslim or Arab name, your chance of being stuck in teh name check is almost 100% regardless of age, gender, beleifs or lifestyle.
I wish you the best of luck

所有跟帖: 

Thanks!Can you share your lawyer's contact information? -處處有白雲- 給 處處有白雲 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/08/2006 postreply 23:24:41

sorry some content came from Indian page -1234512345- 給 1234512345 發送悄悄話 1234512345 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/09/2006 postreply 08:28:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!