Every officer should know that your H1

來源: mytwocents 2006-09-02 16:11:46 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1683 bytes)
回答: Reorganize the excerpt of the memomytwocents2006-09-02 15:22:03
starts right after you set your foot on US soil by looking at your first I-94. When you filing I-129, your lawer should include a notice from DOL showing your LC is still pending and will be over 365 days at the time of your 6th year ends . Such a notice should prove your eligibility for the 7th year H1-B extension.
It is better to state in the petition letter about your eligibility of reqested lenghth of extension. However, as long as the I-129 is correctly filed and all required documents are there. You should be OK. In case a denial, such a denial is not difficult to overturn by filing MTR.

The following part of memo may also help you, just peace of mind

Question 2. How early can a request for an H-1B extension beyond the 6th year be filed?
Answer: The April 24, 2003 guidance memorandum is modified in the following manner: a petitioner must establish that the above criteria (see Question 1 outlining requirements under Section 106(a)) were or will be met either on or before the requested start date on the H-1B extension application. Thus, an alien is eligible for an extension of H-1B status beyond the 6th year as long as either the qualifying labor certification application or I-140 petition has or will have been pending for at least 365 days prior to the alien’s requested start date, regardless of whether the H-1B extension application was filed prior to the passage of such period If the alien would no longer be in H-1B status at the time that 365 days from the filing of the labor certification application or immigrant petition has run, thus leaving a gap in valid status, then the extension of stay request cannot be granted.

所有跟帖: 

回複:Every officer should know that your H1 -ZHIYI2005- 給 ZHIYI2005 發送悄悄話 (196 bytes) () 09/03/2006 postreply 21:07:17

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”