There is no definite answer for ur question,Option?

A pending 485 based on a pending I140. Is there an alternative that ur lawyer could modify the underlying 485 based on a newly approved I140 which has a current PD. Anything is possible, however, haven't seen anyone tried.

If tried, what's the possible way?
1. ur lawyer could advise USCIS that u had a new 140 approved which has a current PD to replace the original I140 on which the underlying 485 was based. Since the original I140 filed under NIW cata has not been processed for over 2 years, it is unreasonable and against the USCIS policy. A request to withdraw the original I140 was thus made with USCIS. Since the new 140 has a current PD, 485 would stay.

under this scenaio, if things went well, u would have a valid I485 pending for over 180 days. Switching job is possible. U may take the current job offer.

(U can always withdraw a petition or application if it is still pending).

If u filed a second I485 without doing anything on the first I485.

Assuming ur EB1 was employement-based, u may have to wait over 180 days to change job. Unless this job ofer would wait for u for over 180 days. U may lose it.

If EB1 was obtained on ur own. No sponsor, then best scenaio would be: take the new job and then file I485. Therefore u would not have any problem explaining to USCIS about any changes in ur career.

Note in the last two scenaios, since u would have two 485s, possibly you might have file consolidating problem if USCIS processed them in different departments or different field offices. LPR may be delayed.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!