Lots of errors

來源: lzr 2006-07-05 11:54:45 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1492 bytes)
1. you don't need social security card to get birth certificate. They are separate. When a child is born, the government will issue birth certificate according to the report from hospital. I am pretty sure about this, because I get birth certificate from court house, yet there is some problem with the social security card... only have the number.
2. Birth certificate is much better than passport, because every passport has an expiration date, but birth certificate does not. E.g., after 20 years, if you present your expired US passport to claim citizenship, the government may deny you, since that's invalid document (although I am not sure how they would treat expired passport in this specific case, but generally speaking invalid document is useless) However, with birth certificate, it is always valid.
3. Even if the law is changed later to elimate the by-birth citizenship, it is almost impossible that the law will have effect on person born before the law is passed. Therefore, The case you said "為如果有一天法律改了,在美國出生不再是獲得美國國籍的充分條件的話,那就不能僅憑州出生證明在海外領館拿到美國護照了。" is mostly impossible. In almost all cases, a new law will have juditiary power over issues happened after the law is passed. It is already hard enough to pass a law eliminating by-birth citizenship, but it will be thousands times even harder to pass such a law that will affect people born before the law is effective, if such a law is ever possible.

所有跟帖: 

至於說美國出生公民權的法規是否可能會被修改,不是你我可以打保票的 -xiaobaitu- 給 xiaobaitu 發送悄悄話 xiaobaitu 的博客首頁 (164 bytes) () 07/05/2006 postreply 18:50:09

Then this will be against constitution! No way! -lzr- 給 lzr 發送悄悄話 (526 bytes) () 07/06/2006 postreply 07:25:18

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”