Don't be too smart.

本文內容已被 [ mems ] 在 2004-02-03 07:23:14 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

I can see you are trying to outsmart USCIS, US consulate,and their computer network. I have to point out several issues to have you thought it over before you jump too fast.

1.) To get F1 visa from Mexico is very questionable if you don't have the approval notice(H4 to F1) from USCIS first. It doesn't mean you'll be rejected 100% for sure, but it's very possible. Once you are rejected,you CANNOT come back to US(although some people have slipped through). Then you need to go back to China to get your F1 visa to re-enter US.
2) Your plan was to get SSN, then the license, job, and green card. Since you are on H4, meaning your spouse is working and should be in the process for green card already. By the time you want to start the green card process based on your employment, perhaps your green card is not far away based on your spouse's application.
So, what's the rush for ? Besides, the SSN you got for F1 status has a constraint. It is not valid for working, meaning you CANNOT use it to get on the payroll for your job. You can only use it for on-campus jobs.
3) For SSN application, they indicated if you are not eligible (like H4 status) but you have special reasons for that you can include a letter from the agency who MUST have SSN to process your demand(like driver's license or else).

My suggestions to you are:
1) Stay with school A and transfer to F1 in order to get your SSN.
2) Ask the board for RN exam to issue you a letter indicating you must have SSN to take the exam. If you can get that, you don't need to transfer to F1 any more. Use that letter to apply for SSN.
3) Since your spouse is working, the tuition may be an issue but it should not be a big one. After 911, US government is very cautious about people seeking F1 status. If you jump around like what you think, you may get into troubles once you are caught. You need to think as they think, not as you think so. You don't have any status problems and financial problems. Just think about your future if you want to stay, don't blow it.

所有跟帖: 

MY spouse cant get green card -H4$SSN- 給 H4$SSN 發送悄悄話 (113 bytes) () 01/12/2004 postreply 07:31:00

如果你願意花一千元,也許可以這樣拿SSN -我見- 給 我見 發送悄悄話 (236 bytes) () 01/12/2004 postreply 07:53:00

If so,U definitely need F1 -dan712- 給 dan712 發送悄悄話 (54 bytes) () 01/12/2004 postreply 08:15:00

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!