try something else

According to my experience and others', the custom service doesn't really know your case. I called once for some issue regarding my I-485 and later found that my request wasn't processed at all. Acutally when I accidentally spoke to a INS officer, he scoffed at the fact that I tried to call custom service to fix my I-485 problem. Others also said similar things. So I think that as custom service is not useful.

If you really want to know the status of your application, you can make an appointment using infopass at USCIS.org. The officer there should know the detailed information regarding your case. From other posters, I heard that they can find out whether your name check/background check is clear or not.

Also, you can ask your lawyer to write a written request to INS. In this way, your requested will be processed by the officer instead of customer service.

Hope that help. BTW, I like your ID. I like to sing while walking.

所有跟帖: 

sorry but the website for infoPass is: http://infopass.uscis.gov -lovewind- 給 lovewind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2006 postreply 20:12:43

Thank you very much for your suggestions! -singwhilewalking- 給 singwhilewalking 發送悄悄話 (503 bytes) () 06/16/2006 postreply 20:28:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!