回複:Does anyone buy the do-it-yourself package

來源: ggss 2006-06-09 16:34:21 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2289 bytes)
I bought "The complete do it yourself immigration kit - Green card by employer sponsored labor certification" on line two years ago. I filed RIR myself and got approved in April 2006.

It did help me a lot. But I have to emphasize that I used to work in an immigration law office for 4 months 3 years ago. I know where to look for information that I need.

I would say that 60% of my RIR is attribute to the package. 30% is attribute to the knowledge I gained from the Law office job, the rest of the 10% is that I used a lot of time to search the internet and ask some friends who worked in Law firms.

Here is my point:
1. It really depends on what kind of immigration filing you will need to file. Because you didn't mention it, so it is hard for me to tell you whether the package can help you.

2. If you want to filing NIW I-140, Do it yourself package is enough for you to do that. Because when I worked for the law office, I saw that for NIW cases, the client needs to do at least 90% of work for the filing. Because you are the only one who knows about the research you are doing.

3.If you need to get Labor certificate through PERM. You'd better hire an atterney. Because if you never work for an Immigration law office before, it is too complicated for you.

4. I always think that whether a petition will get approved depends on your luck, at least 60% of it is about luck. Some attorney always say that the forms is very important, you need to be very careful about it, so you'd hire an attorney to fill out forms for you. But you know what, most of time, attorney assistants make a lot of typo on the forms. I hired an attorney for my I-140 this month. I checked my file before I send it to my boss for signature, I found at least 5 typos in the forms and the letters the attorney assistant prepared. But guess what, it really doesn't matter. I file my own petition for H-1B and RIR, I made a lot of errors on the forms, some of them are mistakes, some of them are typos. Well, they got approved!!!

5. I spent 15 days to figure out how to file my H-1B, and a month for my RIR. I realized that my time is worth more than the money I need to pay for an attorney. So this time when I file I-140, I hired an attorney.
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”