回複:CANADA landing, 急問lovewind 及過來牛人

來源: lovewind 2006-05-01 18:07:23 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3854 bytes)
1 是否必須要有一個親朋好友的地址在加?假如我去 TORONTO,而隻有一朋友地址在WINDSOR,這可行麽?
It should be O.K.
如登陸,海關的OFFICER會當時給辦MAPPLE CARD麽?親朋地址與辦這CARD 和SOCIALINSURANCE和NUMBER 有什麽關係麽?
It depends on the immigration officer that you met. The one that I met wasn't very nice. I guess that she might have met a lot of people from US and suspect what we are up to. You can ask him/her whether the maple card application process has been inititated for you.
The address from relative/friend just provide a place for them to mail your card. No relationship at all.

2 您談到OFFICER不給辦MAPPLE CARD, 但是否影響您入境?您認為是什麽原因使他們認為您不會在那久留而不給辦MAPPLECARD?請問您自己打電話,號碼是什麽?是
什麽部門(名稱),如有這種情況,如何給他們說?是否順利?
It doesn't affect my landing. I was told that I am permanent resident from that day.
I think the reason is that, she doesn't think that we are going to stay there long. It might be from previous experience dealing with someone like us. She asked my hu*****and whether he has quitted his job and asked me when I will be graduating. After she found out that he didn't quit the job and I am not going to graduate until this summer, our intention is very obvious.
The next day, I called Canada INS. I just told them that I landed yesterday and wanted to apply for permanent resident card. There is no problem at all. You can check out this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.html
for more information.
I got the maple card from my friend this month.

3 SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER 可否回美後網上或電話聯係取得?
I didn't try to apply for insurance card since it require evidence of you staying in Canada for certain time period. For social security number, I went to the office in person and submitted application there. The card was mailed to my friend's address in Canada.
You can check out this website for more information: http://www.sdc.gc.ca/asp/gateway.asp?hr=en/cs/sin/0200/0200_010.shtml#so1

4 如MAPPLE CARD 是寄到親友處的話,是必須自己去取,還是可以用FEDEX,POSTOFFICE之類?
No. You just need to ask your friend to send to you with whatever method you prefer.

5 在美辦485(PENDING)對這有影響麽?該如何回答在美辦GC的問題?
You might be criticized about that. But that should be fine. Just tell them the truth.
At first I thought that I don't need AP due to 30 days visa waiver between US and canada. But I want to have AP to be safe. When I entered the US, I just provided them with my passport and I-20. But the INS officer told me that there is GC application pending to me. Then I have to tell him that it is true. He didn't know what to do with me at first. After consulting others, he asked for my AP. Then I know that I have to show that to him. After he got my AP, he took one copy away and stamped the other copy and returned that to me.
I don't know about others. But in my case, I am F1 and my hu*****and is H1. Both of us had to use AP to get into US. I really don't know what they will do with us if I told them that I don't have AP. So you might want to think about that.

Anyway, don't be nervous but prepared. I always have bad luck with my visa/GC. I almost got stuck in Mexico when I tried to apply for third-country visa. My I-140 received intend to deny, which is also very rare. The Canadian officer refuse to initiate maple card application and threaten me that I will need to provide evidence of physically living in Canada when I apply for that. But things went well finally and I was able to get things done. so don't worry about that. Everything will be fine.
Again, my case is always rare and doesn't represent what might happen to others. Just for your reference in case things go wrong.
Good luck.

所有跟帖: 

thanks a lot, both of you, appreciate -hollyhog- 給 hollyhog 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/02/2006 postreply 07:37:07

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”