No problem if your purpose is not to get visa

來源: hollyhog 2006-05-01 14:32:04 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2802 bytes)
please read the article below and use the link to do the "research"carefully: good luck!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html

US Department of State
Amends "Automatic Revalidation of Visa" Benefit

On March 7, 2002, the State Department of State modified the "automatic revalidation of visa" benefit [22 CFR 41.112(d)] that allows certain non-immigrants to re-enter the United States after a 30-day or less visit to "contiguous territory" (Canada, Mexico, and, in the case of F and J non-immigrants, the "adjacent islands other than Cuba") without having to obtain a new visa prior to re-entry. Up until now, persons in F and J who were maintaining their nonimmigrant status in the United States, and who traveled to Canada, Mexico or the contiguous islands, for 30 days or less, could re-enter with their Form I-94, a valid passport, and a current copy of the form I-20 or DS-2019, plus a previously-issued visa (which could be expired, or even in a different category than the I-94). Persons in H-1 or O-1 status were also eligible to use the automatic revalidation after trips of 30 days or less to Canada or Mexico, as long as they had a valid I-94, passport and an INS issued I-797.

There are two important changes to the benefit, both of which are effective April 1, 2002.

First, citizens of Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Sudan, North Korea, and Cuba will no longer be eligible for the automatic revalidation of visa benefit. For example, if you’re a citizen of Syria and your visa stamp in your passport has expired, you will not be able to re-enter the US even your stay in the "contiguous territory" is less than 30
days. You will have to obtain a new visa stamp to re-enter the U.S. This process can be expected to take at least 20 working days.

Second, for any individual (regardless of nationality) who applies for a new visa while in Canada, Mexico or the contiguous islands, the automatic revalidation of visa will no longer apply. That means, if you apply for a new F or J visa, you must receive a valid new visa before being able to re-enter the US. If your application for a new visa is denied, you will likely have to leave Canada and return to your home country to obtain a new visa in order to return to the U.S. Also if you apply for a visa and are subject to a security clearance that may require 20 days to obtain, you will not be able to return to the U.S. under the provisions of automatic revalidation.
For the complete text of the new rule, please visit this web page.
This new restriction will take effect on April 1, 2002. Please consult with OISS staff if you have any plans to apply for a new visa in Canada, Mexico, or other contiguous territory.

所有跟帖: 

回複:No problem if your purpose is not to get visa -hollyhog- 給 hollyhog 發送悄悄話 (69 bytes) () 05/01/2006 postreply 14:36:28

太謝謝了!好心人! -peter2006- 給 peter2006 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2006 postreply 14:53:10

如果問我:去加拿大幹什麽?我應該如實回答說:去登路嗎? -peter2006- 給 peter2006 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2006 postreply 14:55:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”