回複:How to use EAD in school?

I have already obtained my EAD. Should I contact the international office in the school to update my information or I can just leave it alone? What are the consequences for doing that?

You should contact ISSS in your school regarding your situation. I had similar experience. When I contacted ISSS, I was told that I am no longer F1 student since I have used AP. But I can work with EAD. Then she set me up with a human resource personal and change my information on I-9.

Actually if you don't notify ISSS, no one would know that you are no longer F-1. But it is risky since you have lost your F-1 status after you come in with AP. I don't want to be in any grey area if I have choice. That is the reason why I notified ISSS and they removed me from the F-1 list. But I was told that I am still a student in the school.

Don't worry. You have nothing to lose basically. Just give up your F1 and you can enjoy more freedom than F1 students.

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:How to use EAD in school? -Kalman- 給 Kalman 發送悄悄話 (52 bytes) () 04/18/2006 postreply 11:34:27

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!