回複:To Lovewind, fsa2000 and WorthIt

來源: lovewind 2006-04-08 12:51:52 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3705 bytes)
I think that you do have a strong case for NIW. But it really depends on how your materials are presented and how luck you are to get your case approved without RFE. Also it depends on your service center. I don't know where you submitted your application but I guess it is not NSC since the RFE is not harsh.

According to your criteria, you should have good chance of getting 140 approved. Basically, the INS believe that your work is to the national interest and your contribution is national in scope. But the officer has questions regrading:
1. Whether you serve the national interest to a substantially greater degree than other individuals in the area of endeavor.

For this questions, you can prove that with two kinds of evidence. First should be your hard evidence, i.e. the quality of your paper, the application of your research to various field. Remember to emphasize the signficance of your work instead of just listing them. For example, when you talk about your publication, you need to focus on the influence of your paper to industry, clincal, medical or academic instead of merely stating the number of your paper. Think of everything that makes you unique and better than your peers. Image what evidence you could provide if you want to prove that you can do something that no one else could do. Use your common sense.

The other evidence should be independent recommendation letters. It needs to be from experts in your area whom you never had personal relationship with. For example, someone you met from scientific meeting, someone who cited your paper, or someone who is a friend of your boss/friend but not a friend of yours. Be sure that you elaborate on your superosicty over others in these letters.

2. Whether the national interest would be adversely affected if an employer were required to obtain a
labor certification from the US Department of Labor.

This could also be done by reasoning. Try to think of something that labor certificate would impair your contributions. For example, since you work for the air force in the past, you can state that your chance of working in certain project is deprived due to the lack of GC. Also you need to use your previous collaboratiion to show that your work need you to switch employers therefore LC can't be applied to you since it need employer sponsor. Don't say that by yourself. It is always better to prove that with evidence. The evidence could be your previous working experience or statement from experts in your area or you collaborators.

I am not sure about this: Please submit a copy of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and Air
Force Office for Scientific Research grants that the self-petition plays a key role in. As in past grants, the key principle researchers are listed. A letter of support from them would be beneficial.

My guess is that, you need to submit the grant copy in which your work is listed. Also if you can get support letters from the leadsers in these research project, it would be beneficial to your case.

It is very discouraging to get RFE and I know that is tough time for you now. But it happens to a lot of us. Try to do your best and don't worry about that too much. Your RFE is not really tough and you have a really good chance of getting your 140 approved. Just re-organize your materials and get recommendation letters according to the questions raised in RFE, you can do that. BTW, if your old recommendation letters state some key points in ther RFE, you can still use that. But be sure to focus more on the new ones and seperately listed them when you submit your response.

Good luck.
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”