Any comments on the I485 "status of service request" from INS

Hi, everyone. Just received a letter from INS regarding my I485 status requested. I want to share it with you.
Your comments, suggestions, and experience are highly appreciated. Thanks.

1. About 6 months ago, called the INS to inquire my I485 status. I was told "they were waiting for the name check result".

2. A couple of days ago, I just did my second FP (code-3), and my child (10 years old) did her code-2 PF. (I did my first PF about 17 months ago).

2. Today got a letter from INS with the content as follows:

"The processing of your case has been delayed. We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on this case. These security checks are rqquired of all who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number."

Any comments?

所有跟帖: 

when was your interview? which local INS? -uuaa- 給 uuaa 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/05/2006 postreply 08:34:34

回複:when was your interview? which local INS? -RoamingWorld- 給 RoamingWorld 發送悄悄話 (22 bytes) () 03/05/2006 postreply 09:56:34

Background check not yet -xiaobaitu- 給 xiaobaitu 發送悄悄話 xiaobaitu 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/05/2006 postreply 09:27:08

回複:Background check not yet -RoamingWorld- 給 RoamingWorld 發送悄悄話 (121 bytes) () 03/05/2006 postreply 10:05:10

回複:回複:Background check not yet -mytwocents- 給 mytwocents 發送悄悄話 (84 bytes) () 03/05/2006 postreply 11:34:10

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!