I140 NIW Do-It-Yourself 成功心得體會(四)--推薦信篇

來源: Skipperus 2006-02-14 20:15:54 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2965 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Skipperus ] 在 2006-03-31 18:44:38 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
眾所周知推薦信是NIW申請的重中之重,而準備推薦信又是很頭疼。準備期間,第一件事就是尋找合適的推薦人。找到合適的推薦人並不容易。這項工作其實在真正申請NIW之前就已經開始 (包括物色推薦人和與potential的推薦人陶瓷並建立聯係),最好不要到最後一刻再去做。

學術會議是和potential 推薦人結交的好地方,可話又說回來,大牛一般不屑和我們初出茅廬的小字輩們交往。我在這方麵其實沒什麽切身經驗,我去學術會議主要時間主要花在遊山玩水上了。雖說比較難,大家不要輕易放棄機會。No harm to try!

另一個好途徑就是通過你的boss來尋找合適的推薦人。相比之下你的boss人脈廣,地位高。有些potential推薦人樂於利用這個機會還你boss 人情 。我有一個strong的推薦人就是boss引見的。

還要保持和以前老師,同事的良好關係。我的兩封來自industry 的推薦信就是我以前的同事寫的。

找推薦人,不要盲目圖多,junior的scholars不要找太多。我的五封來自學校的推薦人三個是full professor,兩個是associate professor.

當你物色好了推薦人,給他們發送措辭恰當的request email. 以下是我用得email, 供參考:

Dear Dr.XXX,
How are you?
This is XXX from XXX University. (Briefly describe your background).

The purpose of writing this email to you is to ask for your recommendation letter for my permanent residency application.

My work at XXX is XXX. (Briefly describe what you do now) My next step is to apply for green card since my working visa is only temporary. As my work at XXX is the application of *** to ###, I plan to apply for my permanent residency through national interest waiver (NIW). National interest waiver is a very stringent criterion. I need to convince the immigration officers why my work is directly related to the benefit of the nation. In addition to my own strong petition letter, I need to get 8-10 recommendation letters from people in the related field to support my application. I thought you will be a strong recommender for me since you are an expert in *** and ###.

If you agree to write this letter for me, I will email you my CV, sample recommendation letter and my research deion for your reference in one or two weeks.

Meanwhile, since permanent residency is so important to me. I have to prepare 8-10 recommendation letters. I will appreciate if you can help me find some people you may know who are willing to write such letters for me. I will provide documents for them too.

Thank you very much!

同時你要著手寫推薦信了。前麵說過我在找人之前已收集了大量的sample及素材。這裏我要再強調一下有足夠多sample的重要性,否則寫到最後幾篇時就會感覺黔驢技窮,just repeat yourself and all the letters sound like they are from the same person。

你的推薦信一定要要點得當,反映出你的工作及成果與national interests 緊密相關。我同時還找人幫我修改和潤色。推薦人是不可能幫你做太多修改和加工的。我很高興我有一位英語寫作功底很強的朋友幫我。My recommendation letters are well-written and right on-the-target.

下一貼我將著重講petition letter。
如果大家有什麽問題,可以給我發信至:skipperus@hotmail.com

所有跟帖: 

回複:I140 NIW Do-It-Yourself 成功心得體會(四)--推薦信篇 -fourgen- 給 fourgen 發送悄悄話 (26 bytes) () 03/04/2006 postreply 16:30:10

回複:I140 NIW Do-It-Yourself 成功心得體會(四)--推薦信篇 -JM0917- 給 JM0917 發送悄悄話 (18 bytes) () 03/25/2006 postreply 18:24:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”