do it at your risk

來源: mytwocents 2006-01-04 07:40:50 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1976 bytes)
Found the following at immigration-law.com

Updated 06/17/2002: Termination of Automatic Visa Revalidation and Conoff and INS Inspector Actions

According to the U.S. Department of State recent cable to visa posts in the contiguous countries, the following steps should be taken by the officers to ensure that the termination of automatic visa revalidation is strictly enforced for those who go to the American Consulates in Canada or Mexico with a valid I-94 but without a valid visa and apply for the visa. Once the visa application is denied, such person is not supposed to be admitted to the U.S. The two steps are as follows:
When the visa is denied, the Conoffs place a "Application Received" stamp at the end of the passport. However, the immigration inspectors can overlook this stamp in haste. To help ensure INS inspectors at the port of entry do not overlook the "Application Received" stamp and inadvertently apply the revalidation regulation to aliens who are in fact not qualified for such treatment, INS has requested, and the U.S. Department of State has agreed to, the following two additional steps:
-- First, consular officers are required to collect any valid I-94 in such cases, mark the back of the I-94 with the date and post name (the "Application Received" stamp can be used for this), and return the form to INS.
-- Second, if the consular officer is unable to collect the I-94 because the applicant claims it was lost, stolen, or turned in to INS, the "Application Received" stamp should be placed next to the expired visa or, in the case of a prior change of status, next to the most recent unexpired visa in the different category that might otherwise be erroneously converted and revalidated if the INS inspector were unaware of the alien's intervening visa application. This stamp is in addition to the stamp that must be placed in the back of the passport, as required for all visa refusals. Back to Top

所有跟帖: 

A three year's rule. Who has the update -mytwocents- 給 mytwocents 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/04/2006 postreply 07:45:11

Usually,people only post succesful experience. -mytwocents- 給 mytwocents 發送悄悄話 (77 bytes) () 01/04/2006 postreply 07:49:42

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”