1. you had to pay, 2. attorney can't withdraw

來源: 6773 2005-11-22 07:03:54 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1668 bytes)
1. Basically you have to pay. Since I don't believe you have put in the contract on specifically what kind of service will make you happy (like she/he should spend at least 10 hours rather than just 10 mintues on your cover letter etc.), you have to pay. Especially when your case is approved, which means that's the ultimate indication that the attorney did the job. If she/he can do the job with less effort (even that means she/he made you did the job for her/him), there should be no penalty for that.

The result is likely that you will be sued and a judge will issue a judgement, which will be valid for a debt collection company to take money out of your bank account or wage from your salary. And that will show up on your credit report for 7 years.

So, unless you put very specific requirement on the contract, you have little chance to win, even your case was denied.

For those of you who had case approved, I'd sugguest just paid up and move on. Now you have more things to do and enjoy.

2. attorney can't act against the client's best interests. Even she/he have the power to act on your behalf, which means she/he can legally withdraw the case on your behalf, she/he wouldn't dare to do so. She/he will be di*****arred if did that. However, she/he can withhold service until paid in full, in the end, that still means a lot of trouble to you. To cut your lose if you don't want the attorney, you need to send written notice to the attorney and inform INS (withdraw the G-28 form Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative). However, you maybe still liable for the payment for breaking the contract.

所有跟帖: 

If I notify INS to send the notice to me, which form should I fi -165178- 給 165178 發送悄悄話 (567 bytes) () 11/22/2005 postreply 10:36:38

回複:If I notify INS to send the notice to me, which form shoul -151187- 給 151187 發送悄悄話 (65 bytes) () 11/22/2005 postreply 19:09:21

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”