A sample letter

來源: LucZandier 2005-11-14 11:53:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3557 bytes)
How to find your representatives:

Write to congressmen at the moment, you can find them at http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Also, Google the congressperson and find contact details on their website itself. You can email most of them too. Som of them you ahve to FAX.

It doesn't matter if others are not taking efforts.There are MANY who have no clue about what is going on. Also, if we send the same letter - it will be a good sign to show that we as an immigrant community/diaspora are tremndously united.

November 09, 2005

Sub: Requesting amendment in H.R. 4241 to include S. 1932 section 8001.

Dear Honorable Congressman,

American businesses and legal immigrants (Information technology professionals, Health care professionals and others) are facing serious crises: “Lengthy Visa Backlogs due to Employment Based Visa retrogression." Immigrant employees such as myself cannot change jobs, and U.S. companies cannot hire the right candidates that would have actually been available in the absence of retrogression. The senate has addressed the employment based visa retrogression issue in S. 1932, which aims to reduce U.S. deficits. I am writing to request you to include the S. 1932 section 8001 as an amendment in H.R. 4241; this in effect will generate much larger revenue for the U.S. Govt. and in fact avoid the process of cutting grants/funding for other existing and yet useful programs.

Mr. Tom Ridge, ex chief of Homeland Security said in April 14, 2003: "As we secure America from terrorists, we do not want to risk losing the next Enrico Fermi or Albert Einstein…We would be a far poorer nation in many, many ways...."

Highly skilled workers who came to U.S. legally are currently facing lengthy green-card backlogs. U.S. businesses will have to outsource the jobs, and U.S. Govt. will lose the revenue that can be raised by charging high fees for recapturing (sec. 8001 of S.1932) visa numbers. Also, other countries will stand to gain from this knowledge asset.

The Bill S.1932, while creating relief measures, entails the following advantages:
• Affords flexibility to legal immigrants to change their jobs under AC21 law. Currently due to the retrogression the AC21 law passed by Congress is of no use. Jobs will stay in USA; US corporations will have access to a larger pool of skilled workers in US itself and will no longer have to outsource to other countries. Skilled workers such as myself will not leave U.S. in favor of other countries with favorable immigration laws.
• Allow those whose labor has been approved to file for adjustment of status even if the dates are not current. This will bring in revenue/485 application fee much earlier.
• By recapturing visa numbers and charging adequate fees for the same, US Govt. will earn tremendous revenues. By excluding dependents from the visa number count, and charging fees for every added dependent, there will be added benefits.

I earnestly request you take action at this critical juncture (providing much needed relief to US companies and legal immigrants) by introducing and supporting an amendment in house bill H.R. 4241 that includes the S. 1932 sections 8001. This amendment to H.R. 4241 will provide a workable solution to reduce deficits significantly, to keep people like myself in the country as well as to solve the retrogression issue. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your consideration.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,
NAME
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標