DO NOT SURRENDER I-94 IF VISIT

H-1 Travel to Canada and Mexico
A valid U.S. entry visa is not required if you travel to Canada or Mexico for less than 30 days. If a person in H-1 B status enters the U.S. from either of these territories after an absence from the U.S. not exceeding 30 days, the entry visa is considered to be automatically extended to the date of reentry PROVIDED THE ENTRY VISA HAS NOT BEEN CANCELED. This is called "Automatic Visa Revalidation."
When reentering from any of these territories, you must also have in your possession a valid Form I-94. DO NOT SURRENDER YOUR VALID FORM I-94 TO IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS UPON DEPARTURE FROM THE UNITED STATES. You must also bring your passport, I-797 approval notice, and a recent paystub or current letter of employment.
Certain individuals require an entry visa before entering Canada or Mexico. Please contact the appropriate consulate for information regarding this matter.
Special Note: As of April 1, 2002, citizens of the following countries are NOT eligible for Automatic Visa Revalidation: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Sudan, North Korea and Cuba.
Also, automatic visa revalidation is not valid for people who travel from a contiguous territory (eg: Canada) to a non-contiguous country (eg: Germany) and return to the U.S. via a contiguous territory.
Obtaining or Renewing your H-1B Visa in Canada or Mexico
If you want to apply to obtain or renew your H-1B visa in Canada or Mexico rather than in your home country, you must call for an appointment. You will be scheduled an appointment approximately 2-3 weeks from the time of your call, depending on the volume of requests at that time. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will send you information regarding your appointment and will inform you about which documents you must bring to your interview. You must call from a private telephone line.
To Make an Appointment
• If you call from the U.S. the number is 1-900-443-3131
• If you call from Canada, the number is 1-900-451-2778
• You can also schedule an appointment on-line at www.nvars.com
Special Note: Effective April 1, 2002, if you apply for a visa in Canada or Mexico and are DENIED the visa, you will not be able to re-enter the United States under "Automatic Visa Revalidation" (see previous handout).
Please check the Department of State's website http://travel.state.gov for more information about visa services and visa application Form OF-156
If you have previously violated you immigration status you may not be eligible for a visa from a country other than your home country. If you have any questions regarding this issue please make an appointment to talk to either Celia Bergman or Lori Friedman at the International Center.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks, but ... -TripCanada- 給 TripCanada 發送悄悄話 (110 bytes) () 10/09/2005 postreply 12:28:38

H1B can keep H1B status while -in_AOS.- 給 in_AOS. 發送悄悄話 (104 bytes) () 10/09/2005 postreply 13:08:29

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!