More Experience

來源: GYW 2005-07-25 12:04:45 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2588 bytes)
My experience about the EB1-EA and NIW:

I have two awards, one is a National, the other is a international travel award. However, I do not have any detaied information of these awards. So I just had all the awards translated by a professional company in US and had them noterized. That was all I did, since I did not put too much hope on EB1-EA category.

To be qualified for being a reviewer, a proof letter must be obtained from the journal (the email from the editor works too.). Ask the editor to describe briefly the journal regarding its reputation and IF, which the editor usually is glad to do.

Membership is something I did not quite understand. In both categories, the AACR membership is questioned even if I attached the by-law of AACR. It seems that AACR active membership is at the borderline regarding this point. However, the SigmaXi works by my opinion.

Citation is important. In my first-time petitions for both categories, I mentioned and highlighted the times my papers are quoted. However, I did not provide the complete list of citations. It seems this is quite important.

Recommendations are important too. I did not have big names to be my refrees, which I believed is one of the main reasons for RFEs. Seeking recommedation is misearable. I was declined by many guys when asking for recommendation letters. Finally, the Chairman of our department helped my seek severable recommendation letters for both RFEs.

Whether to hire a lawyer or not is case dependant. For my case, it is likely to be approved even without a lawyer. But the RFEs are something we guys can not handle easily. BTW, I had some other important things to do, which made my pretty busy. The good points for some lawyers are that they drafted the recommendation letters based on the input information you have provided (Of course they are more pricy). My lawyers are good, as I send them hard copies of the input information (The just want your information as complete and detailed as possible). They retyped every thing instead of copying and pasting from your files. For my case, I think hiring a lawyer is a good choice.

However, there is no definite rule for CIS. Another guy in our lab holding a M.S, only one paper (published on a journal I never heard) and all the recommendation letters from those who (None of them are famous, one of them is even a research associate) know him was even approved without RFEs for NIW. Even he himself said the director probably was day-time dreaming when reviewing his case.

Good luck for XDJM.

所有跟帖: 

回複:More Experience -ask-u-pls- 給 ask-u-pls 發送悄悄話 (282 bytes) () 07/25/2005 postreply 13:30:23

The law firm is -GYW- 給 GYW 發送悄悄話 (327 bytes) () 07/25/2005 postreply 15:14:05

Thanks -ask-u-pls- 給 ask-u-pls 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/25/2005 postreply 16:03:47

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”