blackswan 不止是關於 black swan,還寫了作者的諸多人生/哲學觀

來源: pisces-hk 2010-03-10 20:29:06 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1708 bytes)
看人,看事,事業,機會,等等,讀者其實可以有許多不同方麵的收獲的。。。

some interesting quotes from the Black Swan:
Some professions, such as dentists, consulttants, or massage professionals, cannot be scaled. there is a cap on the number of patients or clients you can see in a given period of tiem. .... In these professions, no matter how highly paid, your income is subject to gravity. you revenue depends on your continuous efforts more than on the quality of your decisions. ....

Other professions allow you to add zeros to your output (and your income) , if you do well, at little or no extra effort. Now being lazy, considering laziness as an asset, ad eager to free up the maximum amount time in my day to meditate and read, I immediately (but mistanely) drew a conclusion. I separated the "idea" person, who sells an intellectual products in the form of a transaction or a piece of work, from the "labor" person, who sells you his work.

If you are an idea person, you do not have to work hard, only think intensely. You do the same work whether produce a hundred units or a thousand. In quant trading, the same amount of work is involved in buying a hundred shares as in buying a hundred thoughsand, or even a million. It is the same phone call, the same computation, the same legal document, the same expenditure of brain cells, the same effort in verifying that the transaction is right. Furthermore, you can work from your bathtub or from a bar in Rome. You can use leverage as a replacement for wokr! Well, okay, i was a little wrong about trading: one cannot work from a bathtab, but , when done right, the job allows considerable free time.

所有跟帖: 

hiahia -周夢蝶- 給 周夢蝶 發送悄悄話 周夢蝶 的博客首頁 (174 bytes) () 03/10/2010 postreply 20:39:14

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”